MacType.dll flagged even after adding to exclusions

ceravis

This is a desired, open-source program: https://github.com/snowie2000/mactype

This file continues to be quarantined (after I manually remove it from quarantine) when it tries to load on each reboot, even though I've added it to the exclusions, and even though I've disabled the "automatic quarantine" option in Settings -> Protection.

Please help! :D

mactype.dll.txt

MacType.dll.zip

• Staff

Hi,

This is triggered by the Anti Exploit component in Malwarebytes. I'll report this to the correct team so they can have a look.

So exclusions don't work either? Can you try to add the file manually to exclusions? This can be done via settings > Exclusions tab.

There, click Add Exclusion > Exclude a previously Detected Exploit.

Please let me know if that worked as a temporary workaround.

Thanks!

Thanks for your quick response, and sorry for my delay ;)

I made multiple exclusion attempts: I manually added the individual DLL file by name, as well as the parent folder, and the file hash from the previous detections.  In each instance after rebooting, the file was quarantined again.

Note that the file is only quarantined on Windows startup when the program attempts to load the DLL hooks, so my temporary workaround for now is: remove from quarantine, restart the program, and don't reboot ;)

Thanks again for your quick reply -- sorry again for my late reply ;)

I've attached the mbae-default.log found in C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService -- is this the one you're looking for?

I don't know if it's obvious from my log files, but I'm using Malwarebytes 3.0.5.1299 if that helps...

mbae-default.log

Edited by ceravis
noted version number