Fast Scan?

Ok I know that 3.0 is scanning faster as a feature but I just want to make sure that it's working properly. 

If I run a custom scan with all boxes checked off on the left and all my hard drives checked off it takes about 30 minutes to complete that scan.

I remember it used to take around an hour and 30 minutes. Just wish I could remember how many files it scanned. It's scanning around 450,000 files for me. My anti-virus scans millions of files on a custom scan.

I know that they are different programs but should malewarebytes scan millions of files as well like my anti-virus does? Again I am doing a custom scan with all boxes checked off on the left and all my drives selected.

12 hours ago, LinkinForcer said:

I know that they are different programs but should malewarebytes scan millions of files as well like my anti-virus does?

Hi,

It looks like ATM that MB3 is a "tool" as many others ones, not more.  Not sure that it could detect anything.

It's better to keep a true anti-virus.

Trust me I have a true anti-virus as well. My only concern was the scan time and number of files it was scanning. It takes less time and scans less files that my AV.

I just want to make sure that it is operating normally and that it's supposed to scan less files than what I was use to in the previous version of MBAM.

Hi LinkinForcer,

Malwarebytes only scans files that can be executed. Virusscanners tend to scan just 'n about every file it can find. As such, that the number of files scanned by malwarebytes is lower than that of your virusscanner is normal.

I hope this awnsers your question. If you have any questions (left), feel free to ask.

Regards,
Durew