Computer unusable while scans are happening

Ever since upgrading to MBAM 3.0 Premium, any of the scan options makes my computer slow to a complete crawl.  The scan itself seems unaffected by the performance hit but everything else becomes unresponsive.  Task Manager shows CPU at 100% but mbam.exe using only 4%.  Resource Monitor shows mbamservice.exe using 90%+ CPU across all my cores for the duration of the scan which explains why everything slows down.  Current version is MBAM 3.0.5.1299.  OS is Windows 7 x64.

I've uninstalled, run both mbam_clean and mbae_clean and reinstalled to no affect.  Issue still happens.  I can't find a way to limit mbamservice.exe CPU usage from within the application. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edited by SizroSpunkmire

Hi Devin,

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't help :( If I start a scan and click the X the minimize entirely to the system tray the CPU resources are still pegged at 100% by mbamservice.exe and everything still slows to a crawl.  It seems to start during the Scan File System phase and the doesn't seem to happen during the other scanning phases.  This computer is using a Samsung 256GB PM851 mSATA SSD if that helps at all.

• Root Admin

@SizroSpunkmire

Let's try resetting your performance counters and see if that helps or not.

Open an elevated admin command prompt and type in the following and press the Enter key at the end after each line below.

cd c:\Windows\System32
lodctr /R
cd c:\Windows\SysWOW64
lodctr /R
WINMGMT.EXE /RESYNCPERF

Then type the following at the command prompt.

net start pla
net stop pla && net start pla
net stop Winmgmt && net start Winmgmt

Then run Malwarebytes and see if that helped or not and let us know.

If it did not help then let us get some logs please.

Please read the following and post back the 3 requested logs as an attachment.

Diagnostic Logs

Thanks

Thank you

Ron

• 1 month later...