Reports offline, database not updated

I am also having this issue. Computers show online and then offline even though I can ping them. Once I look at them, the srice is stopped. A reboot or starting the service  appears to fix the issue so far. I have 300+ machines, local and remote.  So it's really hard to keep tabs on which ones are having issues.

What other security software do you have in place? If your service keeps being interrupted, the causes are usually from it being stopped by other security software and some sometimes WIndows updates. You may want to start by adding the communicator process associated with the service to the exception list of your other software. The process is C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Managed Client\SCComm.exe.

If this does not work, I would need to have you run some tools to gather log info from a machine. These log sets will contain information about system that I am sure you would not want publically available. In that instance, please email corporate-support@malwarebytes.com to open a case where we can work with you privately.