Windows defender has found a Trojan Jupitr A exploit on my hard drive twice and quarantined and deleted. I only use Defender for occasional scans but have MBAM working for full-time protection. Why won't it pick this up and block it before it gets on the system? Thanks for your feedback

rfin16:

You have basically provided a nickname to a detection but we need know exactly what Microsoft's software actually defined this trojan to be to be able to respond.  That is we need the actual name not a paraphrase of its detection name.

Example:  TrojanDownloader: Win32/Jupiter

You can see how the name is formatted i the above.   Just from the name we can deduce information on this item. 

Please do one or both of the following.

1.   Please reference the following on how to provide sample submissions such that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) can detect targeted but presently undetected threats.

Malware Hunters group
Purpose of this forum

I will follow this advice next time it shows up as Defender deleted so cannot trace the information now. I was just wondering why MBAM would not report that or block when it's set for real time protection and Defender only runs occasionally. 

Thanks for your advice. 

Best regards 

29 minutes ago, rfin16 said:

I was just wondering why MBAM would not report that or block when it's set for real time protection and Defender only runs occasionally.

That would come from knowing what "it" is.

Edited by David H. Lipman