Downgrade product

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

I see some of the errors have returned to the Event Logs.

Let's do the following temporarily. Please uninstall your Kaspersky antivirus for a couple of days but make sure that Malwarebytes is fully functional. Then do a couple of reboots over the next couple of days and let me know how the system is performing and get me new FRST logs after a couple reboots and a couple of days have gone by. Want to see if the Event Log issues return or not with Kaspersky removed.

Thanks

well  our previous troubleshooting 10th to reflect that the individual programs themselves seem to work fine it's when they're combinedI i start  having issues so although I've never had to do this  would it  not  be a better idea to try adding exclusion in each program for the other  and see how they behave    now I never done an exclusion in Kaspersky 2017 nor have I done one in Malwarebytes 3.0  so if you could walk me through that then I would rather try that method first 

well this is interesting i could not even boot up the pc today it froze at the login screen

so i tryed rebototing a few time then boot into safe mode and ran another chkdsk

and  after which it worked again however now malwarebytes has reverted back to 3.0 from 3.0.5 and asks me to update?

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

CheckResults.txt

• Root Admin

That sounds almost like it ran a system restore but if it did you should have seen it.

Let's check the system files to ensure all is okay there now after this. The Event Logs are showing issues but with that type of behavior, it's to be expected.

Please check out the following and run the SFC check.

How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

15 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

I see some of the errors have returned to the Event Logs.

Let's do the following temporarily. Please uninstall your Kaspersky antivirus for a couple of days but make sure that Malwarebytes is fully functional. Then do a couple of reboots over the next couple of days and let me know how the system is performing and get me new FRST logs after a couple reboots and a couple of days have gone by. Want to see if the Event Log issues return or not with Kaspersky removed.

Thanks

Hi,

I find it rather bizarre advice to say that it is the fault to kaspersky and to uninstall this program, while leaving mba 3.0 which is the cause of the problem. Because, the mba 2 version works perfectly well with all software. I tested the mba 3.0 and it slowed me a lot with mozilla and the startup of windows 7 was slow even it froze squarely. I love my malwarebytes Anti-Malware but, version 3.0 is out too fast in my opinion. I'll wait until the bugs are corrected.

• Root Admin

There is a log, but if it did not report any errors there would be no need to post it. They are typically pretty big.

There is nothing in the logs to indicate why it would not have booted into Windows. I'm not aware of any issues between Malwarebytes and Kaspersky and why we ran the quick test. Then out of the blue the next day the errors were back after both Kaspersky and Malwarebytes were both on the system again together. I'm not pointing a finger at either one, I'm simply trying to isolate each one from the system so that we can see if perhaps there is some conflict. If Kaspersky is off of the system for a couple of days and the errors don't return and then we put back Kaspersky and the errors return, we'll do the opposite. We'll remove Malwarebytes for a couple of days and see if the errors go away and remain away or if they stay. Then when we put back Malwarebytes with Kaspersky and they return, we know there is some type of unknown conflict going on.

So, you can choose either one to start with, but basically, we want to fully remove one. Reboot a couple of times. Recheck the Event Logs and make sure the crash, and wait time errors are gone. Then run it that way for a couple of days. Recheck and make sure the Event Logs are not showing any ongoing or new errors. If all is well, then reinstall and see if the errors come back over a couple day period or sooner. The last time all was good for the first day, then the next day the errors were back.

If you need exact details or steps let me know, but I believe you know what we're trying to do here.

Thanks

Ron

i do and based on what happend before im guessing it is kaspskey is the l security that is the issue based on others posts and because we did a shorter test previously so id really like to try excluding malwarebytes from kaspskey and vice versa for a few days if you dont mind? but id need step by step for both programs  

• Root Admin

Sorry for the delay. Been busy with another urgent matter. I don't have up to date exclusions for Kaspersky, but here is our Exclusions.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2661002-malwarebytes-3-0-files-to-be-added-to-a-v-exclusions-list?b_id=15026

Basically need to go through the Kaspersky configuration and add our files, folders to KAV to be excluded from real-time as well as scanning.

On 1/3/2017 at 8:01 PM, asianmusicguy said:

hangs on start up and shut down and  web protection and exploit protection randomly turns off wont come back on much like most users recently reported the.5 patch has not helped much id be more then happy to work with you  or somone else to help both myself and malwarebytes

I've had the exact same issues as well as problems installing, connecting and more. It was taking my computer 25 minutes to shut down and about half that to start up. Real time protection would turn on and off. Scanner would not work. It would start, then shut down immediately. It would take rebooting the computer, waiting out another 25 minute shutdown and 15 minute start up, then the scanner might work. But then the second time, it wouldn't. Just too many issues and inconveniences, and I'm paying a subscription fee for this? I can't deal with all that. I uninstalled  and went back to version 2.2  Seriously considering going with another software security program.

• Root Admin

Here is an old canned message for setting them up. It may no longer be the same but you may perhaps find it useful.

Below are some exclusions as well as links to help install, setup, or update your Kaspersky antivirus product for use alongside Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

To setup exclusions for Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security

Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Anti-Virus on 32 bit Windows Versions:

1. Open Kaspersky and click on Settings in the upper right-hand corner
  2. Click on the right-most icon in the upper left to access Detected Threats and Exclusion Rules
  3. Under Exclusions click on Settings...
  4. In the Trusted zone window that pops up click on the Trusted applications tab
  5. Click on the Add button and select Browse
  6. In the browse window that opens navigate to C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  7. Double-click on mbam.exe and in the window that pops up, click the box next to each of the items listed in the window so that they are all checked and click on OK
  8. Do the same for each of the following:
    • mbam.exe
    • mbamgui.exe
    • mbamscheduler.exe
    • mbamservice.exe

9. Once that is complete, click on OK to close the exclusions window
  10. Click on Apply at the bottom of the Settings window then click on OK
  11. Close the Kaspersky main window

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Anti-Virus on 64 bit Windows Versions:

1. Open Kaspersky and click on Settings in the upper right-hand corner
  2. Click on the right-most icon in the upper left to access Detected Threats and Exclusion Rules
  3. Under Exclusions click on Settings...
  4. In the Trusted zone window that pops up click on the Trusted applications tab
  5. Click on the Add button and select Browse
  6. In the browse window that opens navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  7. Double-click on mbam.exe and in the window that pops up, click the box next to each of the items listed in the window so that they are all checked and click on OK
  8. Do the same for each of the following:
    • mbam.exe
    • mbamgui.exe
    • mbamscheduler.exe
    • mbamservice.exe

9. Once that is complete, click on OK to close the exclusions window
  10. Click on Apply at the bottom of the Settings window then click on OK
  11. Close the Kaspersky main window

Set Exclusions for Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on Kaspersky Lab and click OK
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

If needed you can add the following site to the Firewall or Site Blocking tools to allow updates for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

Here are some resources from Kaspersky to assist in setting up their product.

• Root Admin

Bonjur probably from iTunes is having an issue. For now please uninstall it. If you have issues with any content from phone, etc a reinstall of iTunes may fix it.

Application errors:
==================
Error: (01/12/2017 03:01:55 PM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (EventID: 100) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 2090

Error: (01/12/2017 03:01:55 PM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (EventID: 100) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 2090

Description: Task Scheduling Error: Continuously busy for more than a second

Error: (01/12/2017 03:01:54 PM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (EventID: 100) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledSPRetry 998

Error: (01/12/2017 03:01:54 PM) (Source: Bonjour Service) (EventID: 100) (User: )
Description: Task Scheduling Error: m->NextScheduledEvent 998

Description: Task Scheduling Error: Continuously busy for more than a second