Downgrade product

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

Hello @asianmusicguy

You can easily get back on version 2.x but I'm curious as to what issues you're having and have you worked with someone from Staff or Customer Support on any issues you're having? I'm running 3.0 on a couple of systems and the only issue I'm seeing is it takes a couple minutes to update and calm down when I first start Windows. After that though I don't notice any real difference between 2.x and 3.x

• Root Admin

The logs show that you have a few issues going on and a few programs are crashing.

Acronis, Kaspersky, and MBAM are all crashing or having loading issues. Your hard drive appears to have some issues as well and is logging an error.

Let's try a few things and see if that helps.

First, let's do a full disk check and then go from there.

Please click on Start and type in CMD.EXE and when it shows on the menu, right-click and select "Run as administrator" then type in the following.

CHKDSK C:  /R

It will say it cannot lock the drive and ask if you want to run it on restart. Press the Y key and Enter key and then restart the computer and let it run. It may take a long time to finish but let it finish.

After the restart, start Malwarebytes and deactivate. Then uninstall the program and restart the computer. Then run the following uninstall routine, but DO NOT reinstall Malwarebytes just yet.

Please uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest version using the following guide. MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

Restart the computer when asked by the cleanup tool. Then run a new set of FRST logs and make sure you place a checkmark in the Additions.txt check box and attach both new logs for me.

Thanks

• Root Admin

Okay, please run the following for me.

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

Thanks

Ron

• Root Admin

Please download and reinstall Malwarebytes 3 now. Update it, Activate it. Then restart the computer and make sure it loads with Windows.

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3/

Let me know if it does not load or if the protection module does not load.

Thanks

Ron

Hi Ron unfortunately upon re installing MABAM 3.0 the issues continue to occur here is a fresh set of logs

Ithis makes me sad as i really love your product i do suspect perhaps MABAM is conflicting with Kasperskey a bit but i think all have to wait till next pach unless there is more we can do?

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

CheckResults.txt

• Root Admin

Hi @asianmusicguy

Well, the Event Logs for today are still showing a lot of issues with programs either not starting, or crashing. Something is causing havoc with programs on your computer.

Let's try the following.

Can you temporarily fully uninstall your Kaspersky antivirus and reboot. Then uninstall Malwarebytes as well and restart the computer. Do not go online, don't read mail, don't open web browsers, etc as you won't have protection at the moment.

Then restart the computer 2 more times. But doing it in this method below.

1. After Kaspersky is removed restart.

2. After Malwarebytes is removed restart

3. Shut down the computer after the restart and let is stay off for 15 minutes.

4. Start up the computer but after it starts, again immediately shut it back off for 15 minutes.

5. Start up the computer and run a new FRST scan with Additions.txt checked but don't go online yet to post. Just save the log files.

6. Restart the computer again and now go ahead and reinstall Kaspersky antivirus.

6. Don't reinstall Malwarebytes just yet.

7. Run FRST again, but make sure you don't overwrite the previous run of the FRST logs. Then go online and post both sets of logs. First set with no security software installed, second set of logs with Kaspersky installed.

Thank you again

Ron

System errors:
=============
Error: (01/06/2017 11:30:34 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7000) (User: )
Description: The Windows Defender service failed to start due to the following error: 
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Error: (01/06/2017 11:30:04 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7011) (User: )
Description: A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the WinDefend service.

Error: (01/06/2017 11:29:29 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7000) (User: )
Description: The Acronis Sync Agent Service service failed to start due to the following error: 
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Error: (01/06/2017 11:29:29 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7009) (User: )
Description: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Acronis Sync Agent Service service to connect.

Error: (01/06/2017 11:28:41 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7009) (User: )
Description: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X64 service to connect.

Error: (01/06/2017 11:27:41 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7009) (User: )
Description: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86 service to connect.

Error: (01/06/2017 11:26:09 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7000) (User: )
Description: The GalaxyClientService service failed to start due to the following error: 

Error: (01/06/2017 11:26:09 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7009) (User: )
Description: A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the GalaxyClientService service to connect.

Error: (01/06/2017 11:22:19 AM) (Source: volmgr) (EventID: 46) (User: )
Description: Crash dump initialization failed!

Error: (01/06/2017 11:21:17 AM) (Source: Service Control Manager) (EventID: 7011) (User: )
Description: A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the MBAMService service.

• Root Admin

I notice you also have Peer Block installed. Can you temporarily uninstall that. Then reboot.

Then go ahead and reinstall Malwarebytes 3 and activate it and make sure the settings are set to load the program on restart.

start_with_windows.jpg

Edited by AdvancedSetup

• Root Admin

Slow is not the real issue here. I agree - yes, even on my own system it takes about 2 to 3 minutes to settle down and is slow. Hopefully, the Development team will work on fixing that issue. After a couple of minutes the resource usage and slow down goes away.

1. Does Malwarebytes auto launch when you restart?

2. Do all the protection modules load?