Update error, can't delete mbae64.sys?

I'm on 3.0 and tried to manually update to the latest version, but I got the error message in the first screenshot while trying to install it. I then uninstalled Malwarebytes, and got the same message while trying to install it again.

I read somewhere that I should delete the mbae64.sys file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers, then to try installing it again, but I can't (see 2nd screenshot). Apparently the file is being used by something, but I can't identify it in the Task Manager. I'm running as administrator and even restarted.. nothing helps.

I looked inside the Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware folder and there is this mbae.dll file inside (3rd screenshot). I had Anti-Exploit installed before 3.0, but after 3.0 I don't know why this file is still exists. My system has been acting wonky ever since this went down.. some programs will open, but won't stay running.

Please help.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by Double

There's an error during the upgrade process for some users where a driver gets left behind and is still running, which is why that error happens. If you click ignore, we simply don't replace that file during the upgrade. That file should get upgraded properly in the future though, so there should be no concern