Scanning results in a ATAPI (11) \Device\Ide\IdePort4 error in the event viewer

Hi,

The moment I start a scan in MBAM 3.0.5 (FREE) I get a "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort4" error in the event viewer.

I never ever had this error before in event viewer and it only occurs when I start a scan with Malwarebytes.

System

- Provider
      [ Name] atapi

- EventID 11
      [ Qualifiers] 49156

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
      [ SystemTime] 2017-01-02T18:03:39.733703900Z

EventRecordID 334914

Channel System

Computer Tom-PC

Security

- EventData
      \Device\Ide\IdePort4
      0000100001000000000000000B0004C002000000850100C00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000004100000

This has to be a bug within MBAM 3.0.5. since it only shows up in the event viewer when I start a scan. 

Am I the only one with this particular problem or do you guys also have this error located in the event viewer?

Thanks!

Edited by Tom1986

Hello @Tom1986:

Thank you for the exerpt from the system's event log.  Please continue on with the remainder of the required data from below:

1.)  Please help your system, and the Malwarebytes' developers/staffers, by supplying any of the missing information requested in the How to Report a New Issue topic and most importantly making sure to include the much-needed MBAMSERVICE.LOG.

2.)  Additionally, attach (do not compress/copy/paste) the separate FRST.txt and the Addition.txt output diagnostic reports from only Log Set 1.  The appropriate Farbar Recovery Scan Tool utility must be executed with "Run as administrator" privileges.

Soon after all the requested data is posted, the Malwarebytes' QA & Developer Teams, and staffers can commence their analysis.  Thank you always for your assistance.

Hi @1PW

OS is Windows 7 SP 1 x64.

Do you get the same result more than once if you follow the same steps? YES.

Details on how you encountered the bug and any steps that can be taken to reproduce it. Simply start a scan in Malwarebytes 3.0.5. FREE.

I've added the MBAMSERVICE.LOG in the attachment.

Am i still as of now the only one with this error in my event viewer? I find that really exceptional.

MBAMSERVICE.zip

Edited by Tom1986

Hello @Tom1986:

Thank you and I am sure the Malwarebytes staffers will appreciate the attached service log.

Hopefully, you are willing and able to continue with step #2's diagnostic text reports from the relevant FRST utility and attach those reports?  I am sure they would be very appreciated.

Have you recently noticed (or recently suspected) any other unexplained troubles/errors regarding access with any system connected storage devices?  Not RAM related.  e.g. SATA drives, etc.  If MB3 was installed in a system default directory location, use your Windows system drive's HDD/SSD manufacturer utility and please report the S.M.A.R.T. attribute values.

Thank you always for your participation and generous co-operation.

Edited by 1PW