Opened a bad PDF two weeks ago.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Malwarebytes sent me a message "Shootergame has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware " This time when ark crashed... Ark is shootergame. Maybe not Malware bytes that sent me this message but its some new reporting service since you started helping me...

Edited by worldwriter

I have done a full clean install of the video drivers using various different versions that were supposed to be most stable with the game. I have just used display driver uninstaller to do that again and install the latest drivers. I am also uninstalling the game.. deleting all folders left behind in the uninstall, unsubsribing from all mods.. then clean installing.

Yes, all problems persist. Powershell will not open and SFC will not get past 58%.

Edited by worldwriter

I do not believe we are dealing with malware/infection issues, if PowerShell and System File Checker are still failing I recommend either Refresh or Reset Windows, looks to be fractured registry problems...

Looking at the first FRST log there is a full registry backup dated :- LastRegBack: 2016-12-24 09:06 if the problems are post that date we could try using that backup and see if there is any improvement. All registry hives will be reset to that date......

What are your thoughts...

Maybe a good idea to read through a couple of times, or better still print off the instructions....

The action to reset registry hives via FRST has to be done in the Recovery Environment, you will also need a USB Flashdrive (memory stick)

Before we do this I want you to create a System Restore Point with a 3rd party program as follows:

Tweaking.com Registry Backup

• Download Tweaking.com Registry Backup from here, and save tweaking.com_registry_backup_portable.zip to your desktop.
  • Now we need to create a new folder to extract the zipped contents into. Right click on the zipped folder you just downloaded and select "Extract All".
  • Click the "Browse" button and from the list, expand "Computer", then expand "Windows (C:)", and click the "Make New Folder" button.
  • Call this folder something you will remember...like "RegBackup" then click "Ok", and then click "Extract".
  • From the newly extracted files, right click on hPxdDvj.png and select Run as Administrator (XP users just double click) to start Tweaking.com Registry Backup.(Windows Vista/7/8/10 users: Accept UAC warning if it is enabled.)
  • A screen like this should appear:
    user posted image

• Type a custom name in Backup Name if you want, then choose Backup Now.
  • If backup is successful, a message will appear at the lower half of the screen with an option to view logs.
  • The registry backup will be created in %WindowsDrive%\RegBackup by default. You can customize the path in Settings.
  • Close Tweaking.com Registry Backup when done.

Next,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/

save it to a USB flash drive. Ensure to get the correct version for your system, 32 bit or 64 bit

Download and also save to same Flash drive the attached file fixlist.txt (end of reply)

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Next,

With Windows running as normal hold down the Shift key and re- boot your PC (keep shift key down). Windows should open to the "Choose an Option" window....

From that window select "Troubleshoot" from the next window select "Advance Options" from there select "Command Prompt" ensure to plug the flash drive into an open USB port...

Continue with the following:

• In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
  • The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
  • Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
  • In the command window type e:\frst64 or e:\frst depending on your version. Press Enter Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
  • The tool will start to run.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Select FIX button just once. FRST will run.
  • When complete it will make a log (fixlog.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

Re-Boot windows normally, see if there is any improvement...

Thanks,

Kevin...

fixlist.txt

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 01-01-2017
Ran by SYSTEM (02-01-2017 18:17:29) Run:3
Running from e:\
Boot Mode: Recovery
==============================================

fixlist content:
Start
LastRegBack: 2016-12-24 09:06
end

DEFAULT => copied successfully to System32\config\HiveBackup
DEFAULT => restored successfully from registry back up
SAM => copied successfully to System32\config\HiveBackup
SAM => restored successfully from registry back up
SECURITY => copied successfully to System32\config\HiveBackup
SECURITY => restored successfully from registry back up
SOFTWARE => copied successfully to System32\config\HiveBackup
SOFTWARE => restored successfully from registry back up
SYSTEM => copied successfully to System32\config\HiveBackup
SYSTEM => restored successfully from registry back up

==== End of Fixlog 18:17:38 ====

We`ve ran some very thorough scanners, scanners that would have normally identified rootkit activity and other complex infections. I want you to run a scan from Safemode, maybe we have better options that way....

user posted image
Download Dr Web Cureit from here http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit save to your desktop. (Scroll to bottom of page)

• The file will be randomly named
  • Reboot to safe mode <<<<<------------ http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm
  • Run Dr Web
  • Tick the I agree box and select continue
  • Click select objects for scanning
    user posted image

• Tick all boxes as shown
  • Click the wrench and select automatically apply actions to threats

user posted image

• Press start scan
  • The scan will now commence

user posted image

• Once the scan has finished click open report <<<--- Do not miss this step

user posted image

• A notepad will open
  • Select File > Save as..
  • Save it to your desktop

This log will be excessive, Please attach it to your next reply…