folder wont delete

On 1/3/2017 at 9:27 PM, PaulAllen said:

No it is still there and will not budge I even tried mbam file assassin on individual files and again no joy still nothing lol it just refuses to go.

Thank you for the suggestion though much appreciated

what was the folder ? MBAR folder or others folders just like a system folders ? if so, then we can go to another Solution . and your welcome . :rolleyes:

57 minutes ago, PaulAllen said:

I cant even change the files admin privileges as it says I'm not allowed even when I am admin its a real nightmare. Seems to have more say about what it can do than I dam folder will just have to be a part of the desk top i guess lol

Also some security software are the cause behind the permissions problems and such Similar issues . so have you yet to try temporarily Disabled or uninstall your anti-virus ? have this to give it a try . and see how it goes .

I just clicked delete on it and lol if the folder didn't go just this second no problem how weird is that I have made no changes at all. I have just been clicking delete on it every day.

I didn't have it installed either when trying to delete it and never had any problem before with my av.

Thank you all for the help and suggestions. It was one of my weirder problems I have had still no idea why it wouldn't go and all of a sudden went.

thanks again

Paul

• Staff

Hi Paul. Thanks for letting us know that the issue is resolved. Typically when this inability to delete the mbar folder takes place, the mbamchameleon self-protection driver that is part of MBAR is still running for some reason. It is supposed to unload when MBAR exits. Sometimes a reboot or two will resolve that.