windows 7 64bit and Kaspersky hang with MB3

I have gone back to version 2 because version 3 doesn't play nice with Kaspersky Internet Security 2017. System hangs on start up. If I set MB3 to not start automatically I can get the system to boot and after Kaspersky gets up and running I can start MB3 and all *seems* to be working. I have noticed that when I am fiddling with MB3 settings it will occasionally hang the system like it does on startup. Some times you can wait it out if don't do anything for 10 or 15 minutes.

I don't have any screen shots. the system just hangs.

No crashes or BSODs just hanging.

MS Windows 7 Home Premium version 6.17601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 64bit, i7-3770K,  MB3.05, Kis 17.0.0.611 (c)

To reproduce the issue install MB3 then reboot. System will hang on startup. 

It happens every time.

I don't have any log files because I uninstalled MB3 and put on MB2. The folder they are supposed to be in is gone.

• 7 months later...

I had a similar problem. Using 3.1.1.1722 I set Kaspersky IS to EXCLUDE MWB folder and MWB to EXCLUDE MWB folder. All then worked OK with no hang-ups.

A few weeks ago I upgraded MWB to 3.1.2.1733 and the problem came back. I set 3.1.2 to Exclude Kaspersky but this did not seem to work. I uninstalled MWM 3.1.2 and reinstalled 3.1.1 - all now seems OK again.

I do not understand the CHECK boxes in MWB - Settings, Exclusions. If I check the boxes the check marks are removed when I leave that page. This happens in MWB versions 3.1.1 and 3.1.2

Nedwob

Edited by Nedwob
Corrected spelling error

33 minutes ago, Nedwob said:

Porthos

I don't see any reply to Sherman's issue on this page?

Nedwob

It was taken care of in another one of his topics. Just take a look at the dates next time is all. Thanks.

We also ask each user to start their own topic and not jump on another.