web protection keeps turning off in 3.0

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i have been having the same issue.

found the follow in system logs, hope it helps

The MBAMChameleon service failed to start due to the following error: 
The system cannot find the file specified.

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7000</EventID>
  <Version>0</Version>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-04-04T23:36:32.855789700Z" />
  <EventRecordID>10459</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="916" ThreadID="2640" />
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-80VIQUF</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="param1">MBAMChameleon</Data>
  <Data Name="param2">%%2</Data>
  <Binary>4D00420041004D004300680061006D0065006C0065006F006E000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Although running 1.0.75, I have just had a repeat of the web exclusions turned off. MB ran fine for a few weeks. I've done nothing in the way of software installation, changes, etc. Is there any point in me sending log files if the event log data was turned off? I had it turned on previously, but perhaps when installing the 1.0.75 version it reverted to default. I'm prepared to download the newer beta version and try that, but just wanted to check about the log files before doing the new install.

Hello @mumof3kiwis:

Since the system is running an older version of MB3, and Malwarebytes 3.0 CU4 downloads/upgrades are still being throttled out, the data/documentation for the issue can wait if you would like to manually upgrade now.  Please follow @Firefox's procedure at https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/197378-mwb-3x-consistently-hangs-in-windows-7/?do=findComment&comment=1115893 for that upgrade.  Then, if the issue being reported remains, open your own/new topic and provide the data/documentation that will assist Malwarebytes' staffers to analyze the system.

Thank you.

@dcollins I am also getting this issue, and I have Kasperksy Antivirus v16 on my machine.

• Web Protection turns itself off at random times, e.g. when browsing with firefox, and can't be turned back on without restarting the program or computer.
  • All Malwarebytes protections are occasionally disabled at startup.

same problem every other day the protection turns off and nothing I do fixes it.  I am also running avast free version 17.32219 never had this problem until malewarebytes updated to version 3.0.6 I did complete uninstall and reinstall does not help I am running on windows 8.1 my husband has windows 10 and no problems since update.

Same here but mine does in 3 different places...

Web, malware and randsomeware and it seems one of them are disabled every day at least once. They turn back on when I say too but I've scanned with malwarebytes, Avast, Hitmap Pro and CCcleaner all just to see if I had anything weird in registry or a malware or virus and everything checked out fine.....but still happening....Not supplying logs, I'm sure you have what you need since we're all reporting this....

nmab.png

• Staff

Please make sure to provide as much information as possible when reporting these issues. The thread below will explain how to grab the information we need. While it may be seem redundant, getting this information from as many users as possible helps us to troubleshoot what is going on.

This has been ongoing now for more than 6 months. You keep asking users to try solutions that just don't work. I love Malwarebytes and I have 10 user licenses covering all my, my wife's and my children's computers. I am a mature PhD student in computer science so not a novice by any means but I just don't have the time to keep trying (and failing) with these methods. I realise it is not the fault of anyone here and that you have all tried really hard to fix the problem. I too have tried everything I can possibly think of to keep the program running but it always breaks no matter what I do. I have also had some cyber security experts at our university looking at it and they all agree that this is a serious software issue that will not be solved by tweaks. This year's renewal date for me is 20th of this month and if my recent attempts fail, it is with a heavy heart that I am considering cancelling my subscription. It will be the first time in many years I will be without Malwarebytes but I have never known a serious bug like this to go unresolved for so long. I don't know what has happened to this one time amazing product but it is a terrible shame what has become of it.

You keep telling folks to provide more info to fix this problem. It seems to me that this RECURRING problem should have been fixed by now.  I am not the only person with this problem. It has been here ever since the 3.x version has been released, and you do not seem to care enough about your PAYING CUSTOMERS to attempt to fix the problem. You just stall around asking for more info, letting your customers do your job for you. 

Fix your dadburned software.

There have been numerous fixes @bobber269 which has corrected many issues since the original release, for users.

I'm going to close this topic now though as it's become a free for all.

If you're having issues please do the following and start your own new topic. I will be closing, moving, or merging posts made to other user topics if I have time. 

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (NOTE: After uninstalling with the mb-clean tool you will be asked to reboot.  Once you reboot it will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes, you can select YES or you can download the latest version (currently v3.0.6 CU4.1) to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt, and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about the latest Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU4.1 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Ron