web protection keeps turning off in 3.0

On 1/6/2017 at 6:25 AM, Firefox said:

@Barnaby

Just curious, do you have mutual exclusions entered to help prevent a conflict between both AVG and Malwarebytes?

I would like you to add these files to your Anti-Virus exclusions list and see if it helps

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe

I followed the info above (except that I'm running Norton 360) and since then I haven't had any problems on a Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 machine. Thanks for the help!

Edited by lyradd

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reinstalled yesterday, using the steps found on this forum (that included the MBAM Clean tool).  everything worked fine yesterday, but this morning the web-protection is off again and I am getting annoying messages popping up.  Web protection is now stuck in "starting" mode. v3.0.6.1469.  Windows 7

Well it's obvious that this is an issue with many users. All these try this try that either don't work or do for only a short time.

If this issue is not going to be fixed anytime soon, please advise a way to disable the distracting popup notice about the protection being turned off !!!!

Thanks 

6 minutes ago, JohnGibel said:

Well it's obvious that this is an issue with many users. All these try this try that either don't work or do for only a short time.

If this issue is not going to be fixed anytime soon, please advise a way to disable the distracting popup notice about the protection being turned off !!!!

Thanks 

Try this version - 

Since installing it on Windows 10 I have not had the Web Protection issue at all even after several reboots, etc.

1 hour ago, cchilderhose said:

Try this version - 

Since installing it on Windows 10 I have not had the Web Protection issue at all even after several reboots, etc.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately that is one of the try this try that(s). Nothing released from Malwarebytes as of today does not work long term.

As I stated, I'm confident they will get this under control, but until that time, PLEASE give us a way to disable the very annoying and distracting popup about the Real Time Protection  being disabled.  So, unless you have something more current than the version below.....it still does not work.

mwb.JPG

• Staff

To any users experiencing web protection starting issues, please ensure you install the version posted here.

As @cchilderhose posted, the versions you want to see are Malwarebytes version 3.0.6.1469, and component package version 1.0.75.

mwb.JPG.91c919702dcee63f3dd61c8daed8899a

If you want to be extra careful, you can use the tool mbam-clean to remove your previous version before installing the new version with component package 1.0.75.

Edited by Jekko

UPDATE

Well it's been about 24 hours and it's working like a charm !!

No more disabled protection, and now the only pop ups I get are legitimate ones for blocked web sites.

This is the longest we've had full protection running, so it may be safe to say that component package version 1.0.75 is the answer.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mumof3kiwis said:

I have tried every option suggested in this thread, including checking 'add to exceptions', but MBAM was already correctly marked there. As per my post above, MBAM support responded and asked me to update the version, but even that did not work past a few days.

Let's try this first.... (if it does not work, start your own thread with the requested logs for one on one help)

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (after uninstalling you can download the latest version to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about Malwarebytes 3.0.6 CU3 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

Hi, I am having the same problems listed here; web protection turning off witout any reason, today something different happens, Ramsonware protection turned off by itseft, instead of the usual web protection.

well, I discovered that exiting current Malwarebyte 3 Tray app and starting Malwarebytes again solves the problem (all protection are turned on again after doing it). this happens like 1 time every week (rarely 2).

my KIS is giving already full permission to MB to move freely, I didn't do a thing. I may be wrong assuming this but, if it was a conflict between MB and KIS, then one of them would stop working completly from the very start after installing one after the other.

my MB version is the most recent one available

do you still want the file reports you were asking before in this thread?

• Staff

For others running 3.0.6 and Component Update 1.0.75, if you are still seeing issues, we would like to see your diagnostic logs so we can analyze why web protection is not turning on.

if that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 4 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 4 logs are: mbam logs zipped, FRST.txt, Addition.txt and mb-checkResult.txt)

4 hours ago, Jekko said:

@cmdd - Could you follow Firefox's suggestion above?  You are using 3.0.6 with Component 1.0.50 which is the older version released.  Following these directions will safely update you to 3.0.6 with Component 1.0.75:

I'm now running

I'll watch and see how it does...

I have the same problem but I also have a workaround w/o having to reboot the PC. This seems to happen mostly after the auto updater checks for updates. So what I do is to go into services and click on Malwarebytes service then click restart. This always results in the protection turning back on for me.

I was just about to say the same thing as bobmitch "Every day it is a different module that doesn't work". Now I have 2 modules stopping (Ransomware and Web).

This is really getting old fast. I understand a bug here or a bug there, but this is getting worse by the day, and it's been going on for way too long.

Enough of this try this try that crap. I'm trying to run a business, not spend all day restarting services, rebooting everyone's computers, and rebooting servers.

I've already disabled it on a few systems, because the notification pop ups were causing too much work slow downs. I'm tired of getting calls from users saying the pop ups won't stop.

If it's not fixed in the next week, I for one, and I'm sure many others are bailing and looking for another software solution for malware/ransomware protection.

I'd be a whole lot more tolerant if Malwarebytes was still a shareware or freeware product, but now it's a full blown paid commercial product.

Even is it is "fixed" I'm not sure if my confidence will be fixed.

Can we ever trust the product is really stopping malware, or will they just find a way to make it give us the appearance of a working product ???

Malware_Bytes.JPG

Hi all--

I understand the frustration.  On our side it's also extraordinarily frustrating for us to believe we've fixed a problem only to have it come back again.

The last component update to 1.0.75 addressed a number of issues with Web Protection which could cause it to not start properly on certain systems, randomly.  

We had also been investigating separate reports of other modules showing similar symptoms.  We believe we've finally found what has been contributing to this problem.  Unfortunately this was another one where the problem happens intermittently, so it was very hard for us to reproduce in-house.  But once we had a reproducible case it was straightforward to identify what we hope is the solution.  This is in testing now and we hope to release another component package update later this month.  We may have a "beta" release available to preview for those who might wish to test it out early.

We appreciate your patience here!