FallenTF

Mirillis Action! Recorder

Starting to get real annoyed with version 3.

As you can see, I have excluded the Action folder and it's still getting detected and set for "deletion on reboot".

mbam action2.jpg

On 1/2/2017 at 2:21 PM, akkblue said:

I'm also having this problem. Suggestions?

I reinstalled version 2, I don't have time to waste beta testing their products.

You can find the installer for version 2.2.1 in this thread. (you may also have a installer copy in "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware" if you had version 2 installed at one point)

At least they don't seem to be dropping datebase update support for a while on version 2.

Hi FallenTF :)

Did you add the exclusion after the file/folder has been marked by Malwarebytes 3.0 for deletion? If so, you need to restart your computer to let it delete the file, restore it from the Quarantine and then the exclusion should be applied. It cannot be applied in real-time if the file has already been marked for deletion.

On 1/9/2017 at 11:22 AM, Aura said:

Did you add the exclusion after the file/folder has been marked by Malwarebytes 3.0 for deletion? If so, you need to restart your computer to let it delete the file, restore it from the Quarantine and then the exclusion should be applied. It cannot be applied in real-time if the file has already been marked for deletion.

Correct that's what I did. After 4 restarts it was still ignoring the exclusion.

Edited by FallenTF

If you add an exclusion for the file directly, does it works, or not?

1 minute ago, Aura said:

If you add an exclusion for the file directly, does it works, or not?

I didn't try excluding the single file directly, only the whole folder. There's other DLLs in the folder that get used as well (there's a x64 version of the same DLL that gets used for 64 bit games).

I'll try it again a bit later and report back.

Alright let us know how it goes!

1 hour ago, Aura said:

Alright let us know how it goes!

Tried both single file and folder exclusions (even together) it doesn't help. Oddly enough, it's actually being triggered when opening a video file in VLC while Action is running  (assuming it has to do with Action hooking VLC). Even with all these exclusions, it still quarantines the DLL.

vlc.pngvlc2.png

exclusions.png

Edited by FallenTF

This is a block caused by the Anti-Exploit module, not the Malware protection module. Which means it's a False Positive. You should report it in the Anti-Exploit section (not sure how these works anymore, I can check it out tomorrow morning for you) so the detection gets removed. Meanwhile I think you'll have to remove VLC from the Anti-Exploit protected applications list for it to work.

1 hour ago, Aura said:

This is a block caused by the Anti-Exploit module, not the Malware protection module. Which means it's a False Positive. You should report it in the Anti-Exploit section (not sure how these works anymore, I can check it out tomorrow morning for you) so the detection gets removed. Meanwhile I think you'll have to remove VLC from the Anti-Exploit protected applications list for it to work.

That's where this thread was originally, someone moved it.

They probably missed the "Exploit" part. I'll report this thread and ask it to be moved back in the Exploit FP section.

Added global exclusion for f5dc2ae9b6eff70c6d1a7377ed658049. Let me know if this is still triggering.

Hi Fentiman,

Thanks for reporting this. We pushed out an update to fix this False Positive last night. Please let us know if it still triggers a block for you while opening VLC files.

Thanks.