Reverting back to old versions

I downloaded the new version of MB 3.05 and it is driving my poor laptop crazy (Windows 7 Home 32 bits). With this version installed, my PC will not shut down by itself. I have to force shutdown pressing with my finger on the button when the computer is trying and can´t. But if I shut down MB before turning off my PC, no problems. That´s how I know it´s the program.

Secondly, this morning, when I went to startup, everything was slow and took forever to get the PC up and going (about 2 minutes). I uninstalled 3.05 and reinstalled the older version 2.2.1.1043 with Anti-Exploit 1.09.1.1291 and everything is back to normal.

Think I´ll wait until MB gets the bugs out. At least I´m protected in the meantime.

mecanicogolf

Yes. I have MSE. I really do not want to remove it and would like to know what AV to put in it´s place if I do. I imagine that MB knows about this problem and is working on it for the next update (hopefully). I would rather keep the older versions until this issue is resolved.

Give me a good AV for replacement in the meantime...

I'm in the same boat your are mecanicogolf.  Running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit  with MSE.  I finally got fed up and uninstalled 3.05.  Now my computer shuts down in 21 seconds.   I should have NEVER INSTALLED THE NEWEST 3.0, 3.04 OR 3.05 version.   Like you, I'm not about to delete MSE either at this point.

I had to uninstall the old Anti Exploit.   The Taskbar icon doesn't display,  and the Desktop icon wont open....and 15 minutes later I get pop up's saying it's not responding.    I'm sure I have something left over in some folder  even though I  deleted the 3.0 series that included MBAE.   At least the old version of MB's icon is coming up on the task bar.......the new version  did a couple times then quit being displayed altogether.   I'm not computer savvy like most others here and cant articulate all the terms and descriptions of what's happening to me.  All I know is that the 3.0++ was a mistake for me.  I hope they can get it figured out. And unlike others here,  I can't  handle glitches on my computer all that well.

I did a clean install of the old MALWAREBYTES Premium. Experienced No problems.   Then I did a clean re-install of Anti-Exploit. Logged off, restarted etc.  Now I'm getting pop that says  "Malwarebytes Anti Exploit Service"  is taking too long to start...........reboot computer.  So I give up.  I'm uninstalling the Anti Exploit and leaving it off until they can figure out what's going on.  It's not worth the hassle

Thanks for the link and download.  The MBAE I had downloaded was the older version one ending in  1291.  Will give it a try and see if that resolves some issues. 

I sure do hope you can get the issues resolved involving version of 3.05 of Malwarebytes.   But it was an absolutely nightmare for me and my Windows 7 Professional 64 bit running MSE anti virus.  I was literally having heart attacks as it was trashing programs, IE11, Taskbar Manager, Shut down......... and the list goes on

• 3 months later...

That's the best thing you can do right now. MBAM version still works the best for now. Have to wait until they get the bugs out of 3.0. I've got it on my Windows 10 and it works real well with Defender. l

Edited by mecanicogolf
Added one sentence

That's the latest version. There was nothing after that except for 3.0.

Don't forget to run the uninstall tool for version 3.0 and restart BEFORE even trying to install version 2.2.1.1043. You should be able to find it on MB page or even Major geeks website. 

Even if you uninstall it with Windows uninstaller, you MUST run the 3.0 uninstaller. Otherwise you'll mess things up for 2.2.

Edited by mecanicogolf
Forgot a sentence

It's been on my Win 10 now for 2 days. Working great! It has taken over my Antivirus (Action Center) and seems to work along side Defender, even though it says it's off. Don't know if that's OK or not. System doesn't seem to complain. I just left it on recommended as MB says. 

NO PROBLEMS

Edited by mecanicogolf

Hello @mecanicogolf

Glad to hear the new version is working out well for you.

It's designed to work alongside with Windows Defender without any issues.

In case you ever get to Defender/Malwarebytes conflict, the best suggestion would be to go to Settings/Application and under the Windows Action Center change the option to "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center"

Leaving it to recommended for now is the best bet.

Thank you