Definition versions?

Hello @Anonskii and :welcome:

To check what is now its equivalent termed the "Protection Update package version:", open the GUI -> Settings -> About and check the last item in the Version Information section.

Reference: Malwarebytes 3.0 User Guide -> Settings -> About

Cheers.

Edited by 1PW

22 minutes ago, Anonskii said:

Thanks for the reply! Is "Protection Update package version" the definition version?

Definition version numbers are only shown in the MBAMSERVICE.log file as far as I know. It opens in Notepad by default and there's nothing to stop you perusing it. Here's a screenshot showing the most recent update versions.

version_update.PNG

Hello Anonskii:

Are you using the "definition version" phrasing the way the database was referred to in MBAM v1.xx?  With MB3, several different databases have been rolled into what is now referred to as the "Protection Update package".  That package version is what I directed you to in my first post.  That "Protection Update package" is updated, by way of a Malwarebytes' server, more than a dozen or so times per day.  By default, MB3 premium checks for updates for the"Protection Update package" once per hour when the system in question is up and Internet connected.

If that is not what you are referring to, please expand the detail within your question so as to bring more clarity to your question.

Thank you.