Repeated PUP threats

ianpps

I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Home Premium. Scans are scheduled for every 6 hours. Every scan identifies the same five PUPs, all identified as "PUP.Optional.Tweakbit". 

I remove them each time a notification arrives but they are back again for the next scan.

Tweakbit is not installed on my Windows 10 Pro machine, and appears never to have been installed. (I have read the guide on removing Tweakbit but it does not seem relevant to my situation.

I can find no reference to Tweakbit anywhere on my machine, or in the registry.

I am  not clear what the /BSD/DriverHive folders do, but they appear to connected with my installation of DriverFighter (which, incidentally, I have found to be very effective). The DRIVERfighter program folder includes a file DriverHiveEngine.dll.

I have attached today's logs.

Can this roundabout be stopped?

Malwarebytes 1.jpg

Malwarebytes 2.txt

Malwarebytes 3.txt

• Staff

Hi ianpps,

These folders aren't necessarily bad but are added by other potentially unwanted programs as well. In any case, I'm removing the detection for now since it is not exclusive to TweakBit. This should take effect in the next database update.

Regards

Edited by thisisu