settings do not save

20 hours ago, kahana said:

How do I save my settings?  If I change a setting like not to show notificaations in the system tray.  Next time I start up it's back to the default.

Is there a button somewhere to "apply" the settings that I don'r see?

Clicking the "OK" button where one exists is sufficient.

Which settings are you trying to change?

23 hours ago, kahana said:

I just want to turn off notifications in the system tray.  And I don't see any "OK" button, or "Apply" button.  Just the slider which I can slide over to the "Off" position.  But next time I start up it is turned back on.

The easiest way of achieving that goal is to turn off Malwarebytes notifications via Windows Control Panel | Notification area icons. Click the dropdown menu and you'll see the option. Here's a screenshot of it.

hide_icons-notifications.PNG

• 3 months later...

Same problem here as of installing latest version.  I get the attached message every time I reboot, regardless of what settings I saved.  Settings will not save whether running as a user or as admin.  No intention of turning off systray notifications, as that would be like sweeping pizza crusts under a rug and pretending the kitchen was clean.

MWBnotsavingsettings.jpg

8 minutes ago, Xadian said:

Same problem here as of installing latest version.  I get the attached message every time I reboot, regardless of what settings I saved.  Settings will not save whether running as a user or as admin.  No intention of turning off systray notifications, as that would be like sweeping pizza crusts under a rug and pretending the kitchen was clean.

MWBnotsavingsettings.jpg

We currently do not support disabling this notification. Do you know if your protection is actually not starting, or is just taking a few seconds and this pops up before the protection starts up?