Ver 3 a huge mistake for Win7 / MSE

Should have known better than to trust new software.

Version 3 has cost me hours and hours and hours - it was the biggest mistake of the year for me to upgrade about my Windows 7 computers to the new version. An absolute nightmare.

Rolling back to version 2 and eliminating the system hangs that version 3 caused is not easy.

At this point, I think it's necessary to uninstall version 3; re-install version 2. run the cleanup / total uninstall tool for version 2.  Then, re-install version 2.

6 hours ago, rgam said:

Should have known better than to trust new software.

Version 3 has cost me hours and hours and hours - it was the biggest mistake of the year for me to upgrade about my Windows 7 computers to the new version. An absolute nightmare.

Rolling back to version 2 and eliminating the system hangs that version 3 caused is not easy.

At this point, I think it's necessary to uninstall version 3; re-install version 2. run the cleanup / total uninstall tool for version 2.  Then, re-install version 2.

Thank you for the info i was about to purchase the full MalwareBytes 3 for my Win7 Pro 64bit PC that is replacing this old clunker that i am on now WinXP.

At the moment i have Malwarebytes Anti Exploit + Avast Premier and they work together seamlessly. I should not have any problems with Anti Exploit "Not MBAM3" on Win7 Pro 64bit complimenting Avast premier should I ?  

On 25/12/2016 at 0:58 AM, Peter2150 said:

No matter what else you have you still want Macrium.   It will be the best money you ever spent.

Well thank you i am going to spend some $$ on Macrium Reflect v6 Home Edition, i could do with some peace of mind.

Also i found out that MalwareBytes Anti Exploit will be discontinued once my current license expires, can somebody here in the know give me some input as to wether the Full MalwareBytes suite is compatible with Windows 7 64 Bit Pro ??

I purchased the full MalwareBytes for my little cousins new Win10 PC on Saturday and it seemed to be working well when i was there today, What about Win7 Pro 64 Bit. ??

Macrium Reflect deservedly gets a lot of recommendations but if you're prepared to pay for a backup solution (as I am), Casper takes some beating. I've been using it for years myself and installed it for clients as well and it has never, ever let me down - now on version 10. Tech support is also excellent. 

https://www.fssdev.com/products/casper/features.aspx

It works on windows 10, if chrome 32 bit is installed, not with 64 bit, there I have to disable Anti Exploit and clashes with Kaspersky.

On my laptop with windows 10, chrome 64 bit, it was a total disaster, with a system crawling, went back to 2.2.

On windows 7 I have to revert to 2.2, it did not even update and also made the computer very slow.

They should have tested the software thoroughly before launching this version, the old version 2.2 works still perfectly but I suppose

one day it will be discontinued and if the problems persists (I have 4 licenses) it will be time to look for something else or.......

what Kaspersky wants, chuck malwarebytes out, no replacement. I have malwarebytes installed since I think 2008 when it was available in a 

box.

Still hope a workable version will come out very soon.

Merry Christmas to all !