Can I use Malwarebytes with Avast

I recently downloaded Malwarebytes and then read that I still needed a virus program, so I downloaded and installed Avast. When I got ready to run Avast, it warned me that Malwarebytes was on my computer (it may have said it was currently running) and I should not use the two together as it might cause problems with my computer and programs.  I noticed another user was using Avast with Malwarebytes and this made me wonder if it were okay to use Avast along with MB. Is there a better virus program you would recommend and could it be used with Malwarebytes?

Hi tresvick :)

Malwarebytes 3.0 and avast! can be used together. What I suggest you to do is install avast! first, and then install Malwarebytes 3.0. Otherwise, if you simply want to install avast! after having installed Malwarebytes 3.0, make sure to set the Action Center setting to this option:

HcwTBkU.png

This should let avast! registers in the Action Center and it shouldn't see Malwarebytes as a conflicting program after.