Malware 3.0 Premium is stuck!

I noticed the name "McAfee" in your screenshot, so I deduce from that that you have another AV running on your machine besides Mbam. Two antivirus applications on the same computer will always be problematical since each detects the other as potential virus activity and attempts to prevent it.

Your best bet will be to uninstall McAfee, preferably using their own removal tool: https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?articleId=TS101331

21 minutes ago, Xircal said:

I noticed the name "McAfee" in your screenshot, so I deduce from that that you have another AV running on your machine besides Mbam. Two antivirus applications on the same computer will always be problematical since each detects the other as potential virus activity and attempts to prevent it.

Your best bet will be to uninstall McAfee, preferably using their own removal tool: https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?articleId=TS101331

My advice would be different: I do not think any version 3 is ready to be a Windows 7 product for everyday use. I would not trust it to protect you. If you have to get rid of something, I would uninstall the Malwarebytes product. I'd try to go back to a version 2, but getting it to work reliably after having a version 3 may be a challenge. In which case I'd consider doing a system restore to a point in time prior to a version 3 install.... 

12 minutes ago, rgam said:

My advice would be different: I do not think any version 3 is ready to be a Windows 7 product for everyday use. I would not trust it to protect you. If you have to get rid of something, I would uninstall the Malwarebytes product. I'd try to go back to a version 2, but getting it to work reliably after having a version 3 may be a challenge. In which case I'd consider doing a system restore to a point in time prior to a version 3 install.... 

Why do you think that way? Why don't you trust Mbam? What evidence are you placing your opinion on? Please provide the URL if citing another site's opinion of Mbam 3.0

Did Mbam fail to protect your own system when it was under attack? When was that?

On 12/23/2016 at 6:31 AM, Heck said:

Malware 3.0 has been running for 32 hours!  The number of objects scanned has been on 61106 for over 12 hours.

Help!

Iain

I am running 3.0.5.1299 1.0.43 1.0.822

My computer is running Windows 7 Home Premium Sp1 (64bit)  AMD six core Processor 8Gb RAM

mw1.jpg

Is this the first time you've run the scan? If so, I'd suggest a reboot and try again. My first scan went nowhere. Unless you have an exceptionally large drive and/or an exceptionally slow computer, one hour should be more than enough for the standard Threat Scan.

Thanks. This looks to be something we can reproduce internally. If your scans are still locking up, you should be able to bypass this error by going into Settings -> Protection and turning off "Scan within Archives". While this does limit your protection, it will keep you more protected than when the scan locks up. We are looking into this issue internally to come up with a better long-term solution

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2016 at 10:05 AM, Xircal said:

I have discovered in a thread from yesterday that despite the claim on the MB3.0 home page, it does not provide compete antivirus protection.  From what I was told there, an antivirus program is still needed, at least if you want real time email scanning.  I am no expert, but the explanation in that thread made sense.