Installation/Uninstallation issues MB 3

Hi guys,

I attempted to upgrade MB through the UI, but received an error message in the installation half way through. I downloaded MB from the website, uninstalled my existing copy of MB from my Win 10 computer, then proceeded to attempt installation from the file I downloaded. I received the same error message. You can find the screen shot of the message here: http://imgur.com/a/cy6oh

On another note, I attempted to remove the MB folder from my previous installation in Program Files but was stopped by a permissions issue. The prompt requires me to be an Admin, but I already am, so I'm not really sure how to go about deleting the folder. 

Are the two related?

I'd attempt to google the problem and figure it out, but I'm in a bit of a rush with the holidays. If anybody has a minute to explain this to me I'd really appreciate it. 

Thanks in advance.

p.s.: thanks, MB, for giving student discounts!

I had no issues with auto renewal update last week. Rec'd an update notification this morning & rec'd the same message that you posted in your screen shot. I was able to uninstall Malware after a reboot. Now I am getting message saying can't connect to service after I tried to reinstall?

I had no issues with auto renewal update last week. Rec'd an update notification this morning & rec'd the same message that you posted in your screen shot. I was able to uninstall Malware after a reboot. Now I am getting message saying can't connect to service after I tried to reinstall?

I was able to reinstall successfully after I rebooted & that allowed me to delete the file

I had this issue this when updating 3.05 tried several reboots, and the cleaner tool.

Uninstall MBAM ofc remember to keep a copy of your license key etc.

Go to Windows/System32/Drivers find, and rename mbae64.sys to mbae64.old then you'll be able to delete it; then reinstall MBAM.

Post about it here.