Real-Time Protection layers randomly turn off

Hi james :)

I see that you're still using Malwarebytes 3.0.4. A new version was released this week (3.0.5). Install it and see if the issue is still present, as this was a known one in previous builds.

• Fixed issue where “Real-Time Protection disabled” notifications would display throughout the day (NOTE: this notification may still be seen on reboot on some systems, but we’re working on another longer-term fix to address that separately)

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/192529-malwarebytes-305-patch-release-now-available/

4 minutes ago, cchilderhose said:

I don't think they have placed the update for the application on the update servers just yet they said a couple weeks and it would.  I like downloading the installers anyway that way you can keep them for reverting to previous versions faster. :D

Very true. Great point Chris, thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Having installed the update (mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.5.1299.exe), this is still happening occasionally on one of my laptops and regularly on another.  The regular one will not start real-time protection without a re-boot.  This is quite annoying, especially as it is my wife's computer <grin>.  Is there late news or advice?

PS:  I have uninstalled and re-installed to no avail.

SAME ISSUE HERE . . .  WITH THE LATEST VERSION

Yesterday I bought and installed a '2 year/2 PC' license for MalwareBytes Premium 3.0. I installed it on a desktop and a Laptop, both fairly new and running Windows 10. They were both previously running Vipre Internet Security 2016, which had just expired. I removed the Vipre and restarted each PC beforehand. I also removed all traces of Vipre in the file system, ProgramData, AppData, and Registry before installing the new malware duo. 

I installed the free version of Avast Anti-virus as well as MalwareBytes Version 3.0.5.1299 on each computer, in that order.  I Rebooted between each install.

The desktop is working perfectly, but the laptop has the issue where upon startup it reports "Real-time protection layers turned off", and at first I can see that the "Web Protection" is OFF briefly, but then "Web Protection" is On, but the message stays put. This is just an annoyance, but I wanted to be sure to report it so MalwareBytes will see it is still an issue with the latest version. Both PC's are running virtually identical software. There is no malware on either machine.

I tried removing both Avast and MalwareBytes. Then I ran the MalwareBytes 2.x removal tool followed by removing all traces of MalwareBytes and Avast in the file system, ProgramData, AppData, and Registry before installing the new malware duo again.  Still the same problem.  The laptop is an HP Omen 15t with Windows 10 (64bit) and all the latest BIOS and drivers from HP for Windows 10.

Not much more I can do.

Malwarebytes 3.0.5 have a short-term fix for this issue for some users, but it might still exists for others. Malwarebytes is working a long-term fix.

• Fixed issue where “Real-Time Protection disabled” notifications would display throughout the day (NOTE: this notification may still be seen on reboot on some systems, but we’re working on another longer-term fix to address that separately)

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/192529-malwarebytes-305-patch-release-now-available/

I've been having this same issue since updating to Malwarebytes 3.0. Currently using the latest release (3.0.5.1299); still an issue. Very annoying. Not what I've come to expect from Malwarebytes - they usually fix these types of bugs in a more timely fashion.

I realize this is a "known problem" with a new product, but when is Malwarebytes planning on actually fixing it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I experienced this with my Windows 7 laptop.  Uninstalled.  Reinstalled.  Same issue.  I then got a new laptop.  Uninstalled from 7 laptop and did a fresh install moving it to my Windows 10 laptop last week.  It is happening AGAIN!  This is incredibly frustrating.  When I contacted support, they acted like they never saw this issue before.  Not a happy camper.  This is obviously an unfixed issue that they've known about and are stalling on fixing by having us jump through hoops.

1 hour ago, LyndaCB said:

I experienced this with my Windows 7 laptop.  Uninstalled.  Reinstalled.  Same issue.  I then got a new laptop.  Uninstalled from 7 laptop and did a fresh install moving it to my Windows 10 laptop last week.  It is happening AGAIN!  This is incredibly frustrating.  When I contacted support, they acted like they never saw this issue before.  Not a happy camper.  This is obviously an unfixed issue that they've known about and are stalling on fixing by having us jump through hoops.

Hello and Welcome!

Have you tired the Beta/Preview version which is supposed to fix this issue?

Edited by Firefox
Forum Editor Bug corrupted the link, so I fixed it