PCPitstop's PCMatic "Urgent" email today

Jud68

I received PCMatic’s "Urgent" email today, probably cause I'm subscribed to their newsletter which I have just unsubscribed from.

Thank you MBAM for finding the PCMatic as a PUP. I never downloaded this program. Following is the response I sent PCPitstop regarding this issue: 

"Your "Urgent Message....." email of today re MBAM finding PCMatic as a PUP. Personally, I am thrilled that MBAM is finding this because I NEVER downloaded PCMatic to my computer. I have only used the internet speed test on your site with this computer. So somehow you have transparently downloaded this. I am also going to unsubscribe to your Newsletter effective immediately. This is what MBAM found on my computer that I Quarantined:

PUP.Optional.PCPOptimize HKLM/SOFTWARE/WOW6432NODE\PCPitstop

PUP.Optional.PCMatic C:\ProgramData\PCPitstop

PUP.Optional.PCMatic C:\ProgramData\PCPitstop\Scheduler-20141010.log "

Keep up the good work!!!!

Happy Holidays,

Judy

We have used PC Matic paid subscription for several years and are VERY satisfied. We have also used malwarebytes. Unfortunately PC does much more that malwarebytes and we have removed malwarebytes from all of our machines. A very poor decision on malwarebytes for those of us how actually want both programs. They just lost a customer.

• pbust locked this topic