Can't enable real time protection

Hi, I have recently installed the trial version of Malwarebytes Premium 3.0.4 on my Windows 10 laptop

After installation, "Malware Protection:Prevents malware infections" is off and when I try to turn it on, the Settings panel just says "Starting...." but it never finishes starting, as per the screencap attached.

No threats were detected after updating and running a full scan.

Please advise

malwarebytes01.png

37 minutes ago, mrtee said:

Well excuse me all to heck. If you look at the top left on the capture above it shows 3.0.4 and you did not specify your version what I wrote was not wrong.

Sorry, I didn't post the original pic ;)

I'll try again...

I'm running V 3.0.5.1299 and I'm unable to start the ransomware protection - it just says activating, but doesn't do anything.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

having the same problem as the OP except with Win 7 - 3 machines install fine, 1 just sits there with the same "starting" crap - tried uninstall/reinstall/reboots/etc - no luck

trying to run the on-demand scan comes back immediately with no error, but time of 0:00:00 and 0 files scanned????

Hi, I am having the same problem with the Real-time protection not staying on, in addition to malware bytes scanning at the speed of light and showing it scan 0 files and there are 0 threats.  I have version 3.0.5.1299.  This type of headache is not what I paid for.  Please advise.

IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

IMG_1254.JPG

Same issue here.  Upgraded from version 2.2.  Installed 3.0.5.xxx.  License key and ID activated just fine.  No start of Malware real-time protection as well as scans that stop immediately.  I have uninstalled both the old and new versions, rebooted several times, removed by hand any old Malwarebytes program folders and registry entries.  Re-installed MB 3 and still have same issue.  Please help MB support people!

Edited by Mwaters

On 25/12/2016 at 6:05 AM, Mwaters said:

Same issue here.  Upgraded from version 2.2.  Installed 3.0.5.xxx.  License key and ID activated just fine.  No start of Malware real-time protection as well as scans that stop immediately.  I have uninstalled both the old and new versions, rebooted several times, removed by hand any old Malwarebytes program folders and registry entries.  Re-installed MB 3 and still have same issue.  Please help MB support people!

I have got the same exact issue as well . I purchased a 3 Licence for 3 PCs and two of the three work perfectly but my main PC is getting this problem ...

pic 1.jpg

Thanks @Mwaters, this worked for me as well.

I've been in the development game for several decades now, and it still makes me sad that such basic screw ups escape the quality assurance process.

I've recommended MWB to friends and family for years, but after this release I can longer make such recommendations.

The leadership team should be embarrassed that this happened and embarrassed that there has been no comment in this thread as of yet.

3 hours ago, HighOrderDonkey said:

The leadership team should be embarrassed that this happened and embarrassed that there has been no comment in this thread as of yet.

I think this is the most annoying part of the issue!  Sure... 'tis the season and all, but it's been a week and more than a dozen posts on the topic and not a word from MWB - that's more than embarrassing - it's shameful.

• Staff

Can you all please do the following so this can be looked into?  We do have a How to Report a New Issue topic here https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/190532-how-to-report-a-new-issue/  but I'll need for you to go a step further for the mbamservice.log

Open Malwarebytes and click Settings > Application tab

Scroll down to Event Data log and slide the toggle switch to the 'On' position.

Restart the machine and after all the other protection modules load, but the one remains in the 'starting....' state, wait about 5 more minutes then please attach the mbamservice.log  located in the following folder:
c:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs

In order to locate the file, you'll need to be able to see hidden folders

We also need to know what version of Windows, and what AV is installed.

• Staff

Thanks so much. :)  I'll be taking some time off, but I have alerted the QA department to this topic and they will be keeping an eye on this and review the logs.

Just to save them some time, I'll add the link to your new topic here so they don't have to search for it. Link to Mwaters topic https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/193162-realtime-protection-not-starting-after-upgrade-to-30/#comment-1085093

Good morning everyone! If possible, can you please follow the instructions below to grab some more information that might help us figure out what's going on? Also, please take note of @Ried's instructions above, the log she mentions two posts up will be helpful as well.

1. Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to your desktop
  2. Then download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/ and save it to your desktop.
    Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.
    **After you click the Download Now 64-bit, or the Download Now 32-bit, another page will open — DO NOT CLICK ANY ADDITIONAL 'download now' buttons, just wait and look toward the bottom of your browser for the option to Run or Save. Click Save.
  3. Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.
    Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info followed by Run anyway.
  4. Click the Fix button.
  5. When the process has finished, it will save a log in the same directory the tool was run from.  Please attach the following log file to your response
    Fixlog.txt

Fixlist.txt

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is still running into this issue (real-time web protection not starting for me 3.0.6).

Try running CCleaner's registry cleaner.

This immediately fixed the issue for me. Quit MB, run CCLeaner, start MB and make sure everything is turned on. Hopefully this helps anyone else.

Edited by Reppy07

• 2 months later...