Sign in to follow this  
booterbotter

Please help confirm if this is false positive or not, being detected by malwarebytes Android/Trojan.SMSSend.adh

Hi Malwarebytes team,

Please help confirm if this is false positive or not. This was created by someone and the purpose is to check specs of a smartphone.
But Malwarebytes and this scanners detected that it has a Android/Trojan.SMSSend.adh

https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/filescanjob/gju9vl89mz

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/44233c2ee9ab07b078da83de84a75249f459d720c13d6c138f576e482a1dce66/analysis/1482386009/

I attached the files and links here.

I tried to use a decompiler and tried to look on the files and codes  but couldn't find any so I am thinking if this is just false positive or does it really have "Android/Trojan.SMSSend.adh".

Thanks!

orca_share_media1482385067918.rar

up, is this forum even active???

Hello booterbotter:

Although this forum is a 24/7 operation, the support folks for the mobile product usually work Monday through Friday and normal business hours for the west coast of the United States.  Also, the Christmas holidays are very close and may be further complicating response times.

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding and season's greetings.

up?

Hi Booterbotter,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and apologies for the late reply. It appears this app shares some characteristics of a lot of different malware out there. I would suggest if this developer wants to have a unique app they can use a unique digital certificate, that will help distinguish from any other developer's app.

Regards,

-Armando