Malwarebuyes has stopped working

Hi

I do not have MWB 3.0, but I cannot find a forum for MWB 2 premium on a Windows 10 PC

MWB shows a message that it needs updating but when I try to open it, or click on "Update" an error box comes up

"MWB has stopped working and will close, windows will check for a solution" etc.

MWB then closes down, I have tried rebooting several times but each time the same thing happens.

I have scanned with Defender and ESET AV, nothing was found.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks

Daniel

• Administrators

Hi @daniellouwrens

Let's try the following to get you updated to Malwarebytes 3.0, which should fix your issue of not being able to update:

1. Follow the steps here to uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.x:

• For Windows Vista/7/8/10:
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Select Add/Remove Programs.
    • Select Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, click Add/Remove, and follow the instructions on the screen.
    • Restart your computer if asked to do so.

• For Windows Vista/7/8/10:
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • Select Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, click Uninstall, and follow the instructions on the screen.
    • Restart your computer if asked to do so.

2. Install Malwarebytes 3.0:

• Download Malwarebytes by clicking here. Make sure to pick a download location where you can find the setup file after it downloads. Run the file once the download completes.
  • Choose Yes if the User Account Control dialog appears
  • The installer will take you through a few options that you may want to configure. If you don't understand a particular screen, we recommend just clicking Next to use the default settings.
  • At the end of the install, just click Finish and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically start.

Please let me know if you come across any issues or have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Cecile

Edited by celee