V3.05 Update Setting Still Reverts to 14 Days

Upgraded to V3.05. In Settings, Updates if set it to anything other that 14 Days it will revert back to 14 Days when switching tabs in Settings or closing Malwarebytes. In other words, set update to 2 Days, switch tabs in Settings or close Malwarebytes (X at top right) and Malwarebytes reverts to 14 Days. Settings for Hours or Minutes will stay to whatever you set them at. V3.04 had same problem.

I installed V3.05 over V3.04 on Desktop. On laptop I uninstalled V3.04, rebooted then installed V3.05 Same problem on both.

Thanks...

12 hours ago, Ried said:

Uninstall 3.0.5 then delete this folder (make sure you have View Hidden Folders enabled)

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes

Now reinstall 3.0.5 and let me know if the issue persists

Uninstalled 3.0.5. The uninstall program deleted the C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes folder, so it was not there to delete (I always have View Hidden Folders enabled). Rebooted, then cleaned temp files and registry using CCleaner. Rebooted. Installed Malwarebytes 3.0.5 and rebooted.

Still same problem, setting Update to anything other than 14 Days causes it to revert 14 Days. Set update to 2 Days, switch tabs in Settings or close Malwarebytes (X at top right) and Malwarebytes reverts to 14 Days

• Staff

Hello Zenmota,

This doesn't make sense. I hate to ask you to keep repeating steps, but I'm wondering if for some reason, self protection is preventing this.  Is self-protection enabled right now?

Go to Settings > Protection and turn that off

Once you've done that, reboot and check that setting again - is it still off?

4 hours ago, Ried said:

Hello Zenmota,

This doesn't make sense. I hate to ask you to keep repeating steps, but I'm wondering if for some reason, self protection is preventing this.  Is self-protection enabled right now?

Go to Settings > Protection and turn that off

Once you've done that, reboot and check that setting again - is it still off?

Not sure what doesn't make sense. I thought this problem had been reported by other people and had been reproduced by Malwarebytes. I didn't see that it had been fixed when reading the "What's Fixed" for V3.05. I just wanted to let you know that the Update for Days setting was still reverting to 14 Days in V3.05.

Anyway, did as you said. Turned off Self Protection and rebooted computer. Did not fix. When set Update to 1, 2, Etc... Days, it reverts back to 14 Days. Here is the only thing I noticed (always been like this though). Go to Settings, Protection Tab and change Check for updates to 2 Days (can be any number, just not 14). Now go to Dashboard, Scan, Quarantine or Reports (don't change tabs in Settings before going to one of those). Now if you go back to Settings, it's still on the Protection Tab and Update is still set to 1 Day or whatever you set it to. However, if you switch Tabs in Settings or Close Malwarebytes (click the X in upper right corner) Update will revert or switch to 14 Days. Tried on both Desktop and Laptop computer, same thing.

Hope this helps...

• Staff

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that you don't make sense - I meant that the issue persisting after uninstalling and removing the ProgramData folder which contains the config details doesn't make sense.  It should not be happening.

I wanted to take this in steps.  I know you've been turning off self protection, but I'm wondering if it is not unloading, and therefore preventing these changes. I only wanted you to go that far at that point and tell me what happens.

What I want you to do now, is uninstall MB 3.0.5 and reboot. Do NOT reinstall yet.  Run a scan with FRST64.exe and send me the logs so I can see if any services or drivers are still left behind.  You can download the tool from here  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/  and PM me the logs if you prefer.

18 hours ago, Ried said:

I'm sorry, I didn't mean that you don't make sense - I meant that the issue persisting after uninstalling and removing the ProgramData folder which contains the config details doesn't make sense.  It should not be happening.

I wanted to take this in steps.  I know you've been turning off self protection, but I'm wondering if it is not unloading, and therefore preventing these changes. I only wanted you to go that far at that point and tell me what happens.

What I want you to do now, is uninstall MB 3.0.5 and reboot. Do NOT reinstall yet.  Run a scan with FRST64.exe and send me the logs so I can see if any services or drivers are still left behind.  You can download the tool from here  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/  and PM me the logs if you prefer.

Oh, I knew you were not talking about me not making any sense. I knew you were talking about the program, was just not sure what it was about the program that didn't make any sense to you.

Anyway, I have attached the files. I uninstalled Malwarebytes v3.05 and rebooted. Did not run CCleaner before running FRST64.EXE (I usually run CCleaner before reinstalling Malwarebytes). I ran the Scan from FRST64.EXE with whatever default options it had set (didn't change any setting in FRST64, just ran the Scan).

Thanks....

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

1 hour ago, Ried said:

Thank you - one more thing ruled out. :)

You can go ahead and reinstall it now.  You've mentioned that you've tried changing it to 2 days, 1 day, etc - just curious- have you tried changing it to Hourly instead of Daily?

Hourly and Minutes work fine. I can set those two to whatever I want and it stays set. I have it set to 12 Hours.

Thanks...