How can I upgrade from 1.80 to 3.0 to use anti-ransomware?

Per malwarebytes support:

You can download the latest version of our Endpoint Security by going to this URL, https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbes_for_business

Anti-Ransomware is included in the suite, however, it is only a unmanaged version, meaning you cannot deploy it through the Management Console. To install it on an endpoint you will need to push it via GPO policy or 3rd party application. When you download MBES for business you will fine it in the unmanaged folder.

When upgrading your server I recommend reading the Endpoint Security Best Practice guide that is included in the download. This has a section related to best practices for upgrading. 

Brainerdmobil has the Anti-Ransomware info correct, business users will remain on Anti-Malware 1.08. with Anti-Ransomware as a standalone tool. Additionally I must mention servers in RDS roles are not supported.

Certain Server OS's are supported by the agent software:

• Windows Server 2012/2012 R2
  • Windows Small Business Server 2011
  • Windows Server 2008/2008 R2
  • Windows Server 2003 (32-bit only)

However, there are some environment roles which are unsupported. Do not install Anti-Malware to a server which runs:

• Terminal Services (TS) / Remote Desktop Services (RDS)
  • Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
  • Windows Storage Server
  • Server Core
  • Citrix XenDesktop
  • Citrix XenApp
  • VMware View
  • VMware VShield