mistertim

BSOD Context ref

Hi, small data point, I had AntiRansomWareBeta installed at a client site on 10 computers, running since ~September. (ie, 3 months so far)

Has been very smooth sailing until last week.  BSOD mess kicked in and it took me a while to figure out a cause.  Client was a bit grumpy, but that is all on me for using a beta app in an active client site environment. Woot.

For reference,

- all Win7Pro machines, some are 32-bit and some are 64-bit OS

- all are domain members against an older Samba server acting as old-style DC

- all have 2 mapped network drives on the samba server, and run a few apps off the network share map drive.

It is more or less 100% consistent with the update to AntiRansomWare version last week, that

-- machines were stable

-- until I run one of two apps from network map drive share

-- there is a 10-20 second pause of 'spinning wheel' and then a BSOD as per what others have described in this forum by a few other folks.

I do have access to memory dumps if that is useful for debug team folks.  I don't have them right here but can remote to client site and grab them tonight or tomorrow.

Tim

Hi @mistertim,

it would be appreciated if you can share with us the dumps and the logs.

Using the native Windows built-in zip utility, please create the following .zip (not .7z or .rar) archive container for MBARW developer team analysis:

"%ProgramData%\MalwarebytesARW"

you may post the logs here, but the dumps might be too big.  Let me know if you need a place to put the logs, but you can use any free file sharing solution and we can pick it up from there.

Thanks again for the kind help.

Hi, @mistertim

we just released Component Update 1.1.19 to address this BSOD.  It takes a little bit of time for the ARW Beta to pick it up but just make sure you are in this version and the issue should be solved.

Hope this helps.