MalwareBytes 3.0 Exclusions

I have seen a few other threads talking about adding exclusions to your AV program for MBAM.  Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can expand on this.

Aside from providing a list of exclusions please discuss file and folder exclusions vs process exclusions and when to use each.

The easiest thing to do would be to at "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware" as a folder exclusion but is that

adequate.

It depends on the AV product and how it handles exclusions really.  Some will exclude the entire folder for both scans and realtime protection, including any executables (processes) contained within an excluded folder, however others will require that process exclusions be created separately and on an individual executable/process basis, in which case all of the .EXE files within the Program Files\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware folder should be excluded under the AV's process exclusions list.

I hope that helps clear things up.  Please let us know if you have any further questions or issues.

Is there a way to save these settings to a config and restored to other computers?  Adding exclusions to every computer I work is time consuming.

If not are these setting saved in one of the MBAM's config.json files that can be copied from computer to computer?

On 12/23/2016 at 11:03 AM, nccomp said:

Is there a way to save these settings to a config and restored to other computers?  Adding exclusions to every computer I work is time consuming.

If not are these setting saved in one of the MBAM's config.json files that can be copied from computer to computer?

I'm honestly not sure where they're stored in 3.0.  There is a means of exporting/importing settings in our Business/Enterprise version though (although 3.0 for business hasn't been released yet) and that it may be automated via scripting/batch though you'd probably need to ask our business support folks over in the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Business section to get the details or refer to the documentation provided with the product upon purchasing a business license/licenses/seats.  I hope that helps a little, assuming you have any clients/customers using the business product at all.

Edited by exile360