MBAM 3 Totally blind to Poweliks

Somehow, I managed to get infected with Poweliks. It's a bit of a nasty variant that runs without executables, but back in 2014 Malwarebytes trumpeted how they could now block and delete etc it. Meanwhile, in 2016, it was completely oblivious to it, and didn't find a thing. At the end of the day, I had to do what was recommended - download Zemana Antimalware, which did see it and allow me to erase it.

Where did I find this suggestion?

Why, here on the Malwarebytes forum, by a Malwarebytes representative...

Could someone tell me why I should pay for Malwarebytes when even Malwarebytes recommends Zemana? :P

But FYI, MBAM 3 in trial mode cannot find Poweliks. At least it couldn't on my machine.

35 minutes ago, Extectic said:

Somehow, I managed to get infected with Poweliks.

How did you get infected with this. I have not seen that one in more than a year. Was the Premium Malwarebytes fully active at the time of infection?

35 minutes ago, Extectic said:

Could someone tell me why I should pay for Malwarebytes when even Malwarebytes recommends Zemana?

Zemana is just another tool that the VOLUNTEER  malware helpers use in the fight to CLEAN computers after there infected.And is NOT an endorsement by Malwarebytes.

Edited by Porthos