Windows_Security

MBAE perpertual beta

Hi Pedro & Happy New 2017!

So now we have to pay to do your Beta-Testing .. or did I get that backwards?  I mean, if I don't want to upgrade to MBAM 3.x, that's the only way to keep MBAE on my systems?  I can manage, but, my wife traveling in a far away country gets a Beta and it blocks her system .. then what?

The way I see it, it would have been smart to keep MBAE as a separate product even as you integrate it with MBAM 3.x.  And why not .. the product is there as a separate piece of software (as Beta).  Think it over as, if not, you may lose customers to people like HMPA, et al.  Cheers.

I think you got it the other way around. Now people that have not paid for MBAE can enjoy MBAE Premium features for free in the MBAE standalone beta. The "beta" concept is basically to denote that MBAE standalone will always be a step ahead of MB3, but not by much.

As a previous MBAE Premium paying customer, your MBAE license key now works with MB3.

Well, yes and no.  As I don't plan to 'upgrade' to MB3 (footprint-overhead too great for my taste) and have a paid license till May 2017, I'm actually paying for the fun of running your betas.  But, I have no problem with that at all.  And thereafter I'll be freeloader if I don't renew.  I'm not so fond of multi-function anything as the 'package' may crash if one function errs.

Question: I have an automatic renewal (1 License / 3PCs) for € 22.95.  If I do renew, would the price remain as-is for a 3PCs MB3 license?  Thanks.

Yes, prices for existing subscriptions remain the same. The only difference is that in addition to the existing product, the license key will also work on the new MB3.

1 hour ago, pbust said:

Yes, prices for existing subscriptions remain the same. The only difference is that in addition to the existing product, the license key will also work on the new MB3.

Okay, thanks.  A bit off topic but I noticed that MBAE 1.09.1.1294 works on my legacy PC with SSE only CPU.  Just installed it and .. so far .. it's all good.  Any chance MB3 runs on computers with SSE only or is SSE2 and up required?  Thanks.