Scheduled Scan Problems

Hi:

I just upgraded from v2.2 to 3.0 and the installation went perfect. I then set up a daily Threat Scan. I ran the scan manually and it worked ok. However the daily Threat scan is due to run at 0500, but it is not working properly. Actually if I look up in the MBAM Service Log there are no entries for 0500, so it is not running. Since I am still asleep at that time I don't know what is going on, but no event log is being created for that event. I looked at the MBAM Service log and it has lots of errors. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

VE3YF

MBAMSERVICE.LOG

I have gone a couple of steps further, I installed v3 once again and then started having more problems with scheduling, it would not hold the schedules that I setup, after computer reboots the schedules that I setup had changed to a default time of 0200.

I uninstalled the program and then cleaned up things and rebooted, then did a fresh install of v3. I had to input the serial number which I knew would happen, but still having problems with v3 keeping schedules, it seemed that the times I had setup would default to 0200 which is not what I wanted. I went through many reboots and finally got the program to recognize the schedules that I had setup. I will leave things as they are for now and see if the scheduled scan takes place in the morning.

Short of things failing again in the morning, not sure what more I can do. I also noticed that not only did the schedules not sticking to the times I had setup, but v3 would also change the times the program would look for updates, and also kept turning off scan for rootkits.

The big test will be in the morning as I have previously mentioned. Am I the only one that is have such problems with scheduling etc.

VE3YF

On 12/17/2016 at 4:00 AM, VE3YF said:

Am I the only one that is have such problems with scheduling etc

@YE3YF, you are not alone. Same issue for me, so I'm interested in how your test went. I've had a scan scheduled for 2 days and it still hasn't run. This "feature" has been problematic since the 1.75 days. At least back then there was a command line interface you could call from a windows bat file and get a scan to run reliably via the windows scheduler, The developers took out the command line with v2 and they haven't gotten their internal scheduler code to work "as documented" since then. Right now, the known problems list includes a point about the scheduler GUI not being completely effective in changing date/time, but there seems to be more to it than that since the date/time fields look ok, but my scans still don't happen.

So far so good, also scheduled a custom scan for yesterday and both the custom scheduled scan and the normal threat scheduled scan ran as they were supposed to. I also noticed that over the weekend their was some kind of update to v3 and when I reboot the computer I no longer get the popup warning that some of the features have been turned off. Merckxist, in your case and I found what worked for me, is delete the scheduled scan and then reboot your computer and then re enter in the scans. I did that as well and everything is working great so far. I don't know if re-entering in the scan or the update fixed the problem or maybe a combination of both.

On 12/19/2016 at 11:36 AM, VE3YF said:

I found what worked for me, is delete the scheduled scan and then reboot your computer and then re enter in the scans.

Thanks for additional info. I thought I'd try one idea at a time, so I started with a reboot. Next scheduled scan ran on time,so that's progress! I'll let that go a day or two just to be sure, then try making some changes.

It would be nice if the product needs to have a reboot to make features work correctly, that the installer would note that fact when it terminates.

I also upgraded to 3.05 this morning and everything still works perfectly. I had to do the manual install, I seen on a thread somewhere else next week Malwarebytes will be able to do full updates in next weeks version. Looks like things are making positive moves forward,

Scheduled scan ran on time for several days after reboot. Next tried making a slight change to the start time using settings panel but no reboot. Scheduled scan no longer ran. After a couple of days of no scanning, I rebooted without modifying any settings. Within a few minutes of the system coming back up, the scheduled scan started, perhaps because there was some recognition that the last scheduled scan was missed by more than the number of hours in the advanced scan settings. Hard to be certain because the feature is so poorly documented in the user guide.

After the scan finished, the dashboard showed the next scheduled scan was 24 hours later from the system (re)boot time, rather than the configured time in settings. However, the next day's scan did run at the settings time rather than than the time originally shown in the dashboard. Now the dashboard and the settings time are now in sync.

This feature seems to be both poorly coded and documented. No documentation that any scheduled scan change requires a reboot to work; and no warning shows up on the dashboard settings when a change is actually made. And why would anyone who's used Windows Task Scheduler think that was SOP since Windows itself does not require a reboot for making scheduled task changes.

I haven't bothered with the 3.05 patch since the release notes did not include any mention of fixes for the scheduled task known issues in the 3.04 release.