Malwarebytes 3.0 alerts not in your face

I have been using Malwarebytes 3.0 on one of the computers here for a while since upgrading from version 2.0. This computer is a laptop which is normally put into hibernation at night. It was not uncommon with the 2.x version to pop up successive nag screens after coming out of hibernation about definitions being out of date. I put up with those successive nags popups. Today I happen to glance down to the MBam 3.0 systray icon and noticed it had a little red indicator on it. I found it strange since I finally got around to running the initial scan after upgrading so it wasn't that causing the red notice. I opened up MBAM and lo and behold ithe Dashboard had a notice that the Malware Protection was disabled. Clicking on the enable defaults did nothing. I could not enable it on the Protection Tab either on settings. I rebooted the computer and that seem to fix the issue.

My point is that something this serious as should of been an in your face notification not a dinky little red flag on the systray icon.