Google Chrome Issue with New Malwarebytes

Hello

I updated to the new Malwarebytes 3.0.4 today, and rebooted my PC (I still have lifetime license). Chrome stopped opening until I disabled Exploit Protection in Malwarebytes.

Every time I opened Malwarebytes with Exploit Protection on, Chrome would not open at all, and the error message from debug.log inside the Chrome folder was:

[1216/181203:ERROR:process_info.cc(608)] range at 0x615d258600000000, size 0x1f7 fully unreadable
[1216/181203:ERROR:process_info.cc(608)] range at 0x615d25a600000000, size 0x1f7 fully unreadable
[1216/181203:ERROR:process_info.cc(608)] range at 0x0, size 0x1f7 fully unreadable
[1216/181203:WARNING:in_range_cast.h(38)] value 2162002486000 out of range
[1216/181203:WARNING:in_range_cast.h(38)] value 2162002487962 out of range
[1216/181203:WARNING:in_range_cast.h(38)] value 2162002488302 out of range
[1216/181203:WARNING:in_range_cast.h(38)] value 2162002485054 out of range

If anyone else is having issues with Chrome since they updated Malwarebytes, try disabling Exploit Protection and see if that solves your problem.

I tried googling to see if anyone else had this issue, but nothing is showing, not sure if it is just me?

It isn't just you. If you search the forum you will find multiple threads about the same issue. If you use Kaspersky it is a problem on their end. 64 bit browsers are affected and MB is working on a solution for it.

Enable Exploit Protection, in settings go to Protection and open Manage Protected Applications turn off Chrome.

2 minutes ago, mrtee said:

It isn't just you. If you search the forum you will find multiple threads about the same issue. If you use Kaspersky it is a problem on their end. 64 bit browsers are affected and MB is working on a solution for it.

Enable Exploit Protection, in settings go to Protection and open Manage Protected Applications turn off Chrome.

Hello

Thank you for your reply, I do indeed use Kaspersky, I probably should have mentioned that in first place. Followed your steps and now Chrome works perfectly fine! Thank you for helping.

On 12/16/2016 at 8:47 AM, mrtee said:

Thank you mrtee! I use MB/Kaspersky/chrome and was getting tired of having to disable Exploit Protection every time i wanted to open chrome. this work around will work perfectly until issue is corrected with update.