atariguy

BSOD running a certain program after 1.1.18 update

hello jprism,

can´t you provide a download for the new version so we can test it sooner?

I don´t know how long it will take for the Beta to realize that there is an update...

thanks

paul

Hi @aundg

the component update is automatically downloaded and isn't part of any installer. Just wait for like 5mins after the product stArts and it should apply 1.1.19

ok to clarify;

1.) Does the 1.1.19 update show as "(BETA) 0.9.17.661"  in the actual program dashboard?

2.) After the 1.1.19 update is applied, do we need to make sure the .exe files on the mapped drives are listed in the "Exclusions"?

Thanks

@DFLO

1.) from the dashboard, click "About".  Somewhere in there, it says "Component Updates" and this version should say 1.1.19.

2.) No, you don't need to exclude EXE files.  this is what we solved in 1.1.19 - not cause a BSOD when files from mapped drives are executed.

I have this problem at 4 different companies where we have had to uninstall MWBARW.   Your website says the latest version is beta8 - build 0.9.17.661.   Your post says 1.1.19.  What is the best URL to insure we're getting the latest version?

Hi @NYCPC

Your latest version for the MBARW application is correct. [build 0.9.1.17.661] and the only place where you can download the Beta is in this forum.

Here is a link to that: 

What i was referring to with 1.1.19 is the Component Update version which you can view from the "About" button from the dashboard.

A fully updated version should look like this:

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 1.49.31 PM.png

On 17.12.2016 at 10:35 PM, bluenotemk said:

I also have BSOD related to fltmgr.sys and doubleclicking calibre-portable.exe (ebook-Reader calibre) on several installations  of windows 10 on the same hardware (1511 and 1607 versions). Disabling Anti-Ransomware 0.9.17.661 solves this for now. Exclusions with calibre-portable.exe and fltmgr.sys are without success.

Update to 1.1.19 has solved the issue. Fantastic, thank you very much!