Real-Time Protection layers turned off

Until today I had no problem with RTP. The Component package version on my machine (Windows 10 Pro 1607) was 1.0.39. That version updated over night to 1.0.40 and update package 1.0.751. The RTP window now pops up every hour which corresponds to when updates are checked. If the MBAM (3.0.4.1269) GUI is open the alert does not appear.

logs.zip

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

• Staff

Thank you so much for the detailed information provided mrtee. If I am understanding properly, the issue you are experiencing is likely in great part due to messages between our Malicious Website Protection Module and the UI being processed out of order. We are currently working on a release that addresses this problem, will be out in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the exact same issue on both my respective Windows 10 desktop PC and laptop, as of today...  December 28, 2016.  It's an inconvenience/annoyance to have to enable a program upon startup, but not a massive process to contend with.  However, this should not be the case in any event.

Does Malewarebytes have an estimated time/date when this will be updated and fixed?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

January 20th, issue still exists.

Select to turn on Real Time Protection - Web Protection after it has failed - 'starting' displayed but never reaches 'on', even after waiting many minutes. Reboot PC Real Time Protection all turned on, an hour or so later Web Protection turns back off and a warning message is generated. Repeat until bored.

As a paid for product I would expect a better response (support case raised on the Malwarebytes web site) than an issue still going on after over a month at least after it being reported.

• 3 weeks later...
  • celee locked this topic