Update Package Version

Good to see Malwarebytes as a full AV and have it on my PCs installed over version 2 with no problem on Win10 64. Would you please clear up this one question though.

I have noticed that the "Update Package Version" number is not always the same on my 2 Pcs. The only time that they are the same is when I scan on both of them at the same time. The Update is the first process on a scan and so that they become the same version is not surprising.

During the day in normal operation both PCs do update from time to time but sometimes the number becomes different on each of them. Now this makes me wonder if on Real Time Scanning am I always getting the latest cover for virus etc. as one or other of the PCs is not fully up to date.

Or is it that Real Time Scan is done via the Cloud thus giving the latest security at all times and so the Update Package Version number is not important and is only used for normal scanning? Have I got this right?

Thank you for the reply. Since writing my post I am pleased to note that the problem with the update numbers being different on my Pcs seems to have solved itself. Both PCs now are in step when I check them..

Alhough there seems to be many people having problems I am pleased to report that here all is working well especially now the Package Version Number is keeping up to date. Thank you Malwarebytes.