please allow iranian users to update

• Root Admin

Hello @ARASH

Please try turning off IPV6 and then you should get an IPV4 network address. You can then add that IP to your exclusions to prevent us from blocking the IP.

You're probably on a shared IP block with some other users that have abused the network so we put the block in place. We are not blocking all of Iran, only addresses known to have used or caused some sort of threat now or in the past.

Let me know how that goes please.

Thanks

i test again on 8 range ip ( 5.120.15.xxx) , (5.208.26.xxx) , (5.210.142.xxx) , (31.2.221.xxx) , (91.251.227.xxx) , (86.55.153.xxx) , (188.229.23.xxx) ,( 89.198.76.xxx)  and etc ..... and all of them are block. on tech forum of iran most all users report this issue.

i put my ip on exclusions but dont resolved this issue and site and update server are block. i test on another ISP of iran and all of them dont access to malwarebyte update server. 

i get dynamic ip and dont work on any ip of iran

please check again i'm sure the malwarebyte block iran. i cant update MB and dont acces to your site :( 

• Root Admin

Please add the following to your hosts file.

23.209.176.62     data-cdn.mbamupdates.com
23.209.176.62     data-cdn.mbamupdates.com.edgekey.net
23.209.176.62     e4280.g.akamaiedge.net

You need to open the hosts file with notepad run with an elevated admin prompt. C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc\hosts

Then add those 3 lines and save it. Then restart the computer and try again and let me know.

don't access yet :( it is dont related windows setting or firewall i have this issue on all device ( desktop windows 10 and mobile device android ) and access with VPN but without VPN dont access to your site and update server

if you are sure that malwarebyte dont block iran it's maybe related to your CDN, can you contact your CDN and ask question? 

• Root Admin

You already answered your own question. With VPN it can access. Without VPN it cannot. It is very likely that your own Government is blocking the IP to our update servers.

Turn off your VPN. Open a command prompt and type the following and post back the results.

PING   23.209.176.62

Then turn on your VPN and do the same thing

PING  23.209.176.62

post back the results from both.

• Root Admin

We do block many IP ranges, but not our own sites. That would be counter-productive for us.

You cannot access the website directly like that or you'll get an error. I too get this error as the link is not designed for a web browser.

http://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

You should be able to click this link though from a web browser to check the database version

http://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/v0/database/version.check

NOTE: This is a version check for 2.x and is no longer valid for MBAM 3

Edited by AdvancedSetup

• Root Admin

Exactly.

You are being blocked by your ISP. Not by our software. You will need to either use VPN that is program aware (many VPN programs do not support applications aside from the web browser) or work with your ISP to get our links removed from their blocking.

You can reinstall MBAM at any point, I just wanted to prove to you that it was not being blocked by our software.

Thank you

Ron