Malwarebytes 3.04 scan stuck at Heuristics

I had Eset and uninstalled after I installed Malwarebytes 3.04. It was weird how it was installed from mb3-setup-consumer-3.0.4.1269.tmp

Anyways not sure if installing while Eset Smart Security 9 was active, but scans stop at Heuristics Analysis. Canceling makes no difference, just that eventually it gets stuck at Checking for Updates...I'm in almost 6hrs and still stuck. Running a new scan gets stuck at Pre-Scan Operations unless I reboot everything is fixed until I run a scan. Sometimes it skips all this and runs perfectly fine. Is there anything I can do to give proper reports about this? Turn on Event log data and give it to you guys or something like that?

I'm running premium trial btw, wanted to go through the trial before I actually buy it. Also am I safe just to be using Malwarebytes? No antivirus like Eset etc?

• Staff

Hello fs0ciety and welcome to Malwarebytes.  Our apologies for the oversight of your topic. :mellow:

I'll need to gather more information to help troubleshoot this. 

STEP 1:

Open Malwarebytes and click Settings > Application tab

Look for 'Enable Log Data' and slide that toggle to the 'ON' position.

Run another scan and after it has gotten hung for a while, can you please attach a copy of the MBAMService.log located in the following folder?
c:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs

In order to locate the file, you'll need to be able to see hidden folders. If you aren't sure how to do that, once I find out what version of Windows this is, I'll be able to guide you.

STEP 2:

I'd also like to get a look at what else is running on this machine and check for possible conflict.

This next scanner will not make any changes to your machine on its own, nor will it divulge any personal information that may compromise your security.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/ and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.

**After you click the Download Now 64-bit, or the Download Now 32-bit, another page will open — DO NOT CLICK ANY ADDITIONAL 'download now' buttons, just wait and look toward the bottom of your browser for the option to Run or Save. Click Save.

•Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.

Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info followed by Run anyway.

•Click the Scan button.

•When the scan has finished, it will save 2 logs  in the same directory the tool was run from.  Please attach the following logs:

Addition.txt

FRST.txt 

Edited by Ried