Protection Not Turned On, ETC.

Just discovered the notice below from the WINDOWS RELIABILITY HISTORY. I am running Win. 10.  Also the scheduled scan did not run this morning & Malware Protection was off.

Thanks in advance.

-----

Faulting application name: mbamservice.exe, version: 3.1.0.388, time stamp: 0x58320f73
Faulting module name: ScanControllerImpl.dll, version: 3.0.0.620, time stamp: 0x583c7910
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001d3820
Faulting process id: 0xac8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d252dfd1bc79be
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
Faulting module path: C:\PROGRAM FILES\MALWAREBYTES\ANTI-MALWARE\ScanControllerImpl.dll
Report Id: bbff129b-9704-43c3-a5a5-438cbfacef5f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Edited by OSCIVWAR

• Staff

Can you please attach a copy of the MBAMService.log located in the following folder?
c:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs

In order to locate the file, you'll need to be able to see hidden folders.

Also, it looks like that info is from FRST - can you attach both the FRST.txt and the Addition.txt as well?

• Staff

Okay, on your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and the letter E to open Windows Explorer.

In the menu across the top of that window, click View tab
(If you don't see a menu, press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will appear)

Place a check in the boxes next to these 2:
'Hidden Items'
'File name extensions'

Now navigate to the following:

c:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs\MBAMSERVICE.LOG

To attach the log, in your reply window, look toward the bottom left and click the 'choose files' then browse to the location I gave you above, then click Attach this file

• Staff

Thanks! :D

Also, this next scanner will not make any changes to your machine on its own, nor will it divulge any personal information that may compromise your security.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/ and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system

**After you click the Download Now 64-bit, or the Download Now 32-bit, another page will open -- DO NOT CLICK ANY ADDITIONAL 'download now' buttons, just wait and look toward the bottom of your browser for the option to Run or Save. Click Save.

•Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.

Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info followed by Run anyway.

•Click the Scan button.

•When the scan has finished, it will make produce 2 logs in the same directory the tool was run from. Please attach the following logs to your next reply:

FRST.txt

Addition.txt.

• Staff

Thanks. :)

Regarding the Protection not starting, I'm seeing it as running in these logs. Are you sure it's not related to what I posted here?

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/191853-real-time-protection-turned-off/?page=3#comment-1080274

For the Scheduled Scan, what I'd like you to do is delete or remove the current Scheduled Scan and set it up again. You can do this by launching Malwarebytes and clicking Settings > Scan Schedule.

Click the Scan that's there and click the Delete button.

Now click the Add button and set it up again.  Let me know how that worked out for you.

Everything is currently enabled. Was wondering if I should see a message (pop-up) after an update. I won't know if the scheduled scan runs until tomorrow. Nothing ran when I added the new scan.

Thanks again.

Edited by OSCIVWAR