any clean-up tool yet for version 3 ?

• Staff

There is no need to format Windows just to remove Malwarebytes.  If you want to uninstall Malwarebytes, first do so via the Programs and Features > Uninstall a program

After you've done that and rebooted, run FRST and send me logs.  From those logs I'll be able to see if there are any active leftovers and I can remove them

8 minutes ago, PhoenixDragon said:

A stable product before release

I want to chime in on this. This was what I would call a "soft" release. It is not being forced thru the 2.0 updater. All who have installed it have done it manually on their own. Yes it has issues for some but not on my personal 2 computers.

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I want to chime in on this. This was what I would call a "soft" release. It is not being forced thru the 2.0 updater. All who have installed it have done it manually on their own. Yes it has issues for some but not on my personal 2 computers.

I very much appreciate your chiming in, @Porthos.  :)

We have a HUGE number of users now running 3.0, without major problems.  Yes, we have identified some high-priority issues that can occur on some systems and we're working on getting those fixed ASAP.

If you are unable to uninstall via normal methods and you're having trouble, please provide the logs requested so we can help troubleshoot and help you more effectively.

We don't yet have a full clean-up tool, but that's also being worked on and we'll try to get it out to you as soon as we can.  

Thanks for your cooperation as we get these items addressed!

2 minutes ago, PhoenixDragon said:

My issues and the issues that others here seem to report, start with only Malwarebytes installed and with no additional programs or anti-virus.

I will only comment on Win 10. Windows Defender is installed whether you have it enabled or not it might be a factor. I have done 5 clean setup's of Win 10 this week and the only issue was the the not protected pop up at boot. But I have not seen that after the database updates. (so far)

4 minutes ago, PhoenixDragon said:

Windows 10 Enterprise LTBS allows you to uninstall Windows Defender (beyond just disable it).  ;)

Normal Home users do not have legal access to Enterprise. If you have Enterprise you are not able to use 3.0. It is licensed to HOME users ONLY. You need the business version.

2 minutes ago, PhoenixDragon said:

Let's not get hung up on technical details.  I do have a copy of Windows 10 Pro since Microsoft did, after all, give it out for free to anyone using Windows 7, 8, or 8.1.   However, for testing reasons, I also have a copy of Windows 10 Enterprise LTBS.

The point you're missing or choosing to ignore is that you can go so far as to remove Windows Defender and still have issues with v3.  Windows Defender is clearly NOT the issue.

Just giving you my results.