MABMService 300MB+ RAM Usage

MABMService is using 0% CPU but over 300MB of memory. This is without any active scanning happening so I don't think memory usage should be this high.

Is there anything I can do to change this, or is this considered normal?

I'll attach some notes in case they will be of any use.

Thanks in advance for any help.

attach.txt

CheckResults.txt

dds.txt

• Staff

Hello BeardyJosh and welcome to Malwarebytes. :)

I'd prefer a set of logs from a different scanner if you don't mind. Just like DDS, this next scanner will not make any changes to your machine on its own, nor will it divulge any personal information that may compromise your security.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/ and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system.

**After you click the Download Now 64-bit, or the Download Now 32-bit, another page will open — DO NOT CLICK ANY ADDITIONAL 'download now' buttons, just wait and look toward the bottom of your browser for the option to Run or Save. Click Save.

•Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.

Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info followed by Run anyway.

•Click the Scan button.

•When the scan has finished, it will save 2 logs  in the same directory the tool was run from.  Please attach the following logs:

Addition.txt

FRST.txt 

• Staff

Thank you. :)

Nothing is really popping out at me.  If you don't mind, I'd like also get a look at the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware internal installation and settings details. Please download our diagnostic tool, mbam-check.exe to your desktop from this link https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_check

Double-click it to run it. The log which opens will be saved to your desktop as CheckResults.txt.

Please attach this log to your next reply.

• Staff

Thank you. I'm seeing a lot of quarantined items and many logs saved, perhaps it's getting to be too much.

Let's try starting fresh with the software using our mbam-repair tool to do so. These instructions may appear a bit intimidating but it's not as difficult as it looks. I just want to detail out the process so you know what to expect. :)

This tool will automate the process of running our dedicated Malwarebytes Anti-Malware uninstall tool, reinstalling Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and restoring your existing license. It will also run our diagnostic tool, mbam-check.

There will be 2 restarts of your computer during this routine.
Please do not perform other functions while performing this repair.

An active internet connection is required.
**Please attend your computer during this entire procedure.**

Please download mbam-repair tool from this link http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_repair and save it to your desktop.

Double click on mbam-repair.exe to run it.
Approve the UAC prompt on Windows Vista and newer operating systems by clicking on Continue or Yes. (not on XP systems)

The tool will download additional Malwarebytes tools to be used in this repair routine.
*Follow the prompt to press the Enter key when it is presented. The computer will restart.

*After restart, the UAC prompt will appear. Approve it again by clicking Continue or Yes.
*MBAM will be installed, and updated. The license will be restored.
*Wait for the update to complete, and when prompted, press the Enter key again. The computer will restart.

Note:
If pressing the Enter key does not restart the computer, this means the console window is not in focus. Click once inside the black mbam-repair window and then press Enter. After the restart, the UAC prompt will appear again. Approve it again by clicking Continue or Yes. Mbam-repair will perform its post-installation checks.

Our diagnostic tool, mbam-check will be run. CheckResults.txt will be presented to the screen. Close that log file. It will be located on your desktop. Once again, press the Enter key in the mbam-repair console window.
The repair is now complete.

Note:
The Malwarebytes Anti-Malware notification area icon will have a red triangle warning still. This should only be due to the need to run a scan.

Any better now?