Manual and sheduled Scan issue

(1) I have Malwarebytes .30.  I have scan scheduled for the middle of the night.  It does not run but it show that the scan is schedule for the following day.  No report of scan running.

(2) When I manually run the scan, it hangs after a few minutes of scanning.  It does not respond to pause or cancel.  To end the scan I have to X out.  If I run it again, it hangs at a different spot.  I am running windows 10 anniversary edition and it is current on updates..   

• Staff

Hello leftfoot,

Can you please attach a copy of the MBAMService.log located in the following folder?
c:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs

In order to locate the file, you'll need to be able to see hidden folders.

Also, this next scanner will not make any changes to your machine on its own, nor will it divulge any personal information that may compromise your security.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/ and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system

**After you click the Download Now 64-bit, or the Download Now 32-bit, another page will open -- DO NOT CLICK ANY ADDITIONAL 'download now' buttons, just wait and look toward the bottom of your browser for the option to Run or Save. Click Save.

•Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.

Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info followed by Run anyway.

•Click the Scan button.

•When the scan has finished, it will make produce 2 logs in the same directory the tool was run from. Please attach the following logs to your next reply:

FRST.txt

Addition.txt.

• Staff

Thank you for the logs.  It almost looks as though Kaspersky may be interfering.

Let's try adding these files to your Anti-Virus exclusions list

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MbamPt.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\assistant.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMWsc.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbamtray.exe
 C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\MBAMService.exe

Restart the computer and run another Scan. If it's still hanging, can you boot into Safe Mode and try running the scan? Does it still hang in Safe Mode?

Hi Ried,

I followed the instructions above and it did not solved my issues.  I manually ran the scan in Safe Mode and it hung after about 5 minutes of scanning. I also manually ran the scan with Kaspersky disabled in normal mode with the same result.  What other suggestions do you have for me?

Thanks.

Hi Ried,

It does not get stuck on files in specific folder.  It is random on different files on different folders.  Also, after I went back to regular mode from safe mode, my version # is now lower that the current version #.  It prompts me to update to the current version, but it does update when I click the update button. 

@leftfoot sorry to hear about your issues here. MB3 reverting back to 3.0.0 instead of 3.0.4 is a known issue that occurs when you boot into Safe Mode and then back to normal mode. However the inability to not-update after that is something new. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask for a bit more assistance to try and help figure out what's going on.  
For starters, inside of MB3, please go to Settings and on the application tab, turn on Event Log Data. This will make the log files much more verbose and include more information. Once this is turned on, please attempt to start a scan as you normally would (click the Scan Now button on the dashboard). One the program hangs from scanning, please leave Malwarebytes running, but zip up the contents of \ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\Logs (there may be multiple logs) and upload them here.
Once you do that, you will want to go back in and turn off the Event Log Data option as it will cause your logs to take up much more space. Thank you.