Have to keep reactivating licence and now Malwarebytes is telling me there is a problem with activation codes

• Staff

Thanks.  Please try again to activate and once that is done, can you please send me the following so we can try to figure out why you need to activate every time you reboot?

Can you please attach a copy of the MBAMService.log located in the following folder?
c:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs

In order to locate the file, you'll need to be able to see hidden folders.

Also, this next scanner will not make any changes to your machine on its own, nor will it divulge any personal information that may compromise your security.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/ and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system

**After you click the Download Now 64-bit, or the Download Now 32-bit, another page will open -- DO NOT CLICK ANY ADDITIONAL 'download now' buttons, just wait and look toward the bottom of your browser for the option to Run or Save. Click Save.

•Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.

Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info followed by Run anyway.

•Click the Scan button.

•When the scan has finished, it will make produce 2 logs in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach the following logs to your next reply:

FRST.txt

Addition.txt.

• Staff

Thank you for the logs.  Were you able to activate?  If so, please do the following:

Please zip and send me the following folder via PM.:

c:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\config 

After you send me that folder, reboot the machine.  If you had to activate again, repeat the above procedure and send me the new config folder.

(the contents get overwritten, so please do it in the order I listed above)

• Staff

Hi Edward,

They would like to collect a bit more information.  To make it easier for you, I've put the commands into the attached Fixlist.txt.

Download the attached Fixlist.txt and save it in the same location as FRST64.exe.  Both the Fixlist.txt and FRST64.exe must be in the same location for the script to execute.

1. Double click FRST64.exe to launch the tool

2. When the tool opens, click the *FIX BUTTON*.

3. Once it has finished, a Fixlog.txt will open and also have been saved in the same location the tool was run from.

Please attach the Fixlog.txt in your next reply

Reboot, then repeat the above procedure and send me the 2nd Fixlog.txt

Many thanks for your help with this. :)

Fixlist.txt

Edited by Ried

• Staff

Edward, let's try uninstalling and then reinstalling Malwarebytes.

Go to Control Panel>Programs and features > Uninstall a program

Then please download the attached Fixlist.txt and save it in the same location as FRST64.exe. Both the Fixlist.txt and FRST64.exe must be in the same location for the script to execute.

1. Double click FRST64.exe to launch the tool

2. When the tool opens, click the *FIX BUTTON*.

3. Once it has finished, a Fixlog.txt will open and also have been saved in the same location the tool was run from - I do not need to see that.

Reboot the machine and reinstall version 3.0.5 from this link https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3 and let me know if the issue persists.

Fixlist.txt

Edited by Ried

• 4 weeks later...