Posting issue (Post stays at "Saving...")

Aura

So it's the second time that I encounter this issue (the 1st time was this weekend). Basically, when I post in a thread, the post stays at "Saving..." and doesn't refresh the page. When I refresh it, I can see my post appear, however, it doesn't list it as the last post in the thread, so it looks like I never posted.

Affected thread:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/191706-169254xx-invalid-ip-config-errors/

Link to my post in that thread:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/191706-169254xx-invalid-ip-config-errors/#comment-1079585

What I see:

MGvpahc.png

7m0z5VU.png

Both times it happened under Google Chrome 64-bit (latest version) on Windows 10 AU.

• Administrators

Thanks for reporting this @Aura, that's super strange that you are not listed in your first screenshot, but you are listed as the latest post when you hover over the title of the thread:

Screen Shot 2016-12-12 at 2.34.59 PM.png

Let me get together with the team and figure out what's going on.

-Cecile

• Root Admin

I am surprised this is the first time you've seen this @Aura  It's not a new issue and has been around even in the 3.x version of IPS. I'm not sure of the exact cause and high posters probably see it more often than anyone else. I've had it happen a few times but not for a while now. Unfortunately, I don't have any workaround as it seems to auto-fix itself and stop doing it pretty quickly. If it persists even into tomorrow we may be able to open a ticket with IPS but without being able to duplicate on demand or ongoing it would be nearly impossible to tell why. 

I've never noticed it before this weekend*. I did encounter that bug a few times on IPS 3 over at BleepingComputer, but not like that (the post stays at "Posting..." forever and when I refresh the page, it's not there, but like 15 minutes later, it'll show up 2-3 times).

Edited by Aura

On 12/15/2016 at 9:29 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

It has been around for years. I have 63 thousand plus posts and since 2008 I've only had it happen maybe a couple dozen times, so it is annoying but is not a show stopper.

lol ! yes it is very very annoying ! :D so this problem its only happened to you only in public posting/ or even in private messaging? 

Edited by Gt-truth

10 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

@Gt-truth

Please, just drop it. Not sure why but many of your posts seem to try to make things out to be a serious problem and you go on and on about it. Yes it happens, No, it does not happen often.

Thank you again

Ron

Hi @AdvancedSetup

thanks to you . and also . I have the same problem as @Aura and I have a Related problem/ here in my other topic .at the same section .

Edited by Gt-truth

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar problem. Using Mozilla Firefox sometimes the submitting of a reply didn't work, the written reply froze, when I hit the submit button and it wasn't sent.

I had to switch to another browser.

Now it seems to run with Mozilla, because I have written and sent  this reply using Mozilla Firefox..

Edited by GMork