MB 3 issue, not in reported

Last night i upgraded my MB to V3.  In doing so I ran into the typical issue many people seem to be getting, the protection layers turned off issue.  However i also ran into a 2nd issue that I don't see mentioned here.  Since installing V3, Chrome has serious issues with lockups.  So serious that I thought a bit of malware that I contracted a few months back (and thought I had cleaned up) had come back to bite me again, so this morning, I wiped everything and reinstalled windows 10 (pro) from scratch.  All was good with Chrome, until I installed V3 again, and again the lockups began again.  Uninstalled MB 3 and did a reboot and all is working good again.

My system right now has the following installed on it

Software; Dropbox, Foxit Reader, ImgBurn, KeePass, Office 365, Visual Studio Code, Notepad++, Paint.Net, Sophos AV Home, Google Chrome (plus the usual W10 stuff).  In Chrome I have the following add-ons.  DuckieTV, PrivacyBadger, OneTab, ProxMate, IBA Optout (by google), PushBullet, uBlock Origin, Inbox by GMail, BS Detector, Google Drive.  All of which were installed from legitimate / trusted sources. The problem only arises with the install of MB 3.