lopies

PC Matic and Malwarebytes - Pup files

When I run both of these programs they each flag one another as Pup files. I have been running them both side by side without issue until today. I would really like to work as they did before.

I posted in the PC Matic forum's today and this is the response I received :

Posted Today, 06:15 PM

The folks at Malwarebytes decided to flag our products as PUPs (Potentially Unwanted Programs) and their scans are removing our products.

After reaching out to them, they made it clear that they are not interested in altering their database, so we have no choice but to remove them from any of our systems that are running both programs.

Malwarebytes has decided that they do not wish to work as a compatible application with our programs, so we are stopping them from removing our programs.

We will continue to speak with them, but will not allow them to remove our programs in the meantime.

Y

I have been using PC Matic for about a year and have been happy with it. I am a Malwarebytes Premium member and used it as a secondary scanner.

As I know these programs are wanted is there a way to have Malwarebytes not keep alerting me about PC Matic?

29 minutes ago, Gravyone said:

Open Malwarebytes go to setting on the top, select Malware Exclusions on the left.  Click add folder and select the folder your PCPitstop folder in the Program Files (x86) directory.  Make sure you restore any PuP's that showed up from PCPitstop and don't try running again until you add the folder to the Exclusion list.  Once this is done Malwarebytes will no longer warn you of anything in this folder.

Thank you Gravyone. I just ran a scan after trying out your suggestion. It picked up 47 PC Matic Pup files. 

It looks to me that Malwarebytes is flagging competing programs. There really should be a easier way to keep these false alerts from popping up. I really hope this is not the case as I have paid for them both.

Please see here as this explains why we list something as pup.

They are welcome to follow the instructions there and file a dispute.